9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you perhaps collide with a box of cinnamon graham crackers?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What are you asking about, the color of the CV cup or something else?

Surface rust is unsightly but not necessarily an indicator of a greater problem.
Like teeps said. Rust is ugly but lots of parts don't have any sort of coating to prevent it. OP did mention a noise, but that rust probably isn't whats causing it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't referring to the rust I was referring to the dark spots right next to the joint. It almost look like some fluid leaked over there and that's why that particular area didn't rust.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I wasn't referring to the rust I was referring to the dark spots right next to the joint. It almost look like some fluid leaked over there and that's why that particular area didn't rust.
You could be on to something there. I would think that such a small amount would be considered normal. When I think of axle failure it's a lot of popping and a lot of grease.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Grease leaking from the 1/2 shaft bearing.
If the bearing lubrication is compromised it could cause a noise.
And the bearing could eventually fail...
Sound clip of the noise?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes.
The noise in the video does not sound like a noise that could be produced by an axle that is not turning with zero torque applied.
Any thought on what could cause the noise? It only occurs after the car has been sitting for an extended period. Any then only makes the noise on turning of the wheel.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Maybe a strut mount? Can you have someone turn the wheel while you listen and pinpoint the noise?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got another video today. It looks like the top of the spring is sticking and then jumping which is causing the noise. Any recommendations on what to do?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts