9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the heck do I take this thing off?? i cant get my wrineches to fit in under it. do i have to pay a dealer to remove it??

·
Registered
717 Posts
Use a 1/4 rachet with a small socket. I got it out easy. I actually used a 1/4 rachet with a 1/4 extention

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes... haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
took mine off as well, it looks so much nicer without it, however i have been questioned a few times about why i dont have a front plate when i cross the border between windsor ontarion and detroit michigan.....gonna keep it off until im forced to put it back on

·
Registered
134 Posts
Luckly we don't require them here in Nova Scotia. Many of the dealers still install them though for free advertising. I was quite blunt when I told my salesman I wouldn't accept the car if they installed the front licence plate or any other stickers advertising their dealership. lol

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My Si did not come with any front license plate bracket installed (thank the good lord) ... SO.. What I did was, I purchased hooks attached to suction cups, and suction cupped the license plate to the top front right of my windshield. I had one cop look right at it and didn't pull me over.. hoping for the best..but I will tell you this much.. I am not throwing off the aerodynamics+appearance, just to satisfy the police!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Got my plate within two weeks but bot putting them on till probably 3 months later. I'm only putting the rear plate on even tho it's illegal in my state.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When taking it off does it leave marks on the bumper?

Experiencing of people getting pulled over for not having a front plate??
Im from NY...

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've lived in NY my entire life and the one time I didnt have it I got pulled over and given a verbal warning. My sister had her front license plate ripped off her accord about a year ago and she keeps it in the front window on the dash now. I think shes only been pulled over three times and they didn't ticket her for it, granted she does have it displayed on the dash. Personally most NY cops pull me over in my civic all the time looking for and excuse to give me a ticket, so I prefer not to give them one. Everyone has one in NY and they look stupid but its not worth my time to get pulled over and have to explain every other week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
does it leave holes?
No it doesn't, I removed the front license plate entirely and there's only bolt ons underneath the middle grill which are easy enough to unscrew and I think a few others that need a 17mm to remove the entire thing. I don't see any holes or anything facing the front of the car and it looks so Clean!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dont need it here in Indiana!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You guys are lucky. You have to have a front plate in TX. And the damn dealer drilled a hole in the front of my bumper...idiots...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts