9th Gen Civic Forum banner

front license plate

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Jason 
#1 ·
i was wondering if it's a california law to have the front license plate attached to the front bumper. if not i would want to remove mine and just keep it on the dash. i've seen a lot of cars without it on the front bumper too, so i'm just wondering.

#3 ·
Its required to have front plates in Texas, but like my previous cars i've removed mine and havent gotten any trouble from the law except once a few years ago in my old Accord. Cop pulled me over and luckily I keep the spare front plate in my trunk, so I lied and told him I was on my way to get it put on. The cop let me be on my way ;)

#4 ·
It is required in California and you will get pulled over.

#8 · (Edited)
like stated above, it is required. But depending on where you live, how up-tight the cops are in your area, and how modded your car is....you might be able to get away with it. besides, its only a fix it ticket :) CA needs the money dude!!! lol

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d05/vc11713_17.htm

putting in the front window can still get you a ticket as well.....per the code it must be attached to the front of the vehicle. and no, zip ties do not count. trust me, i tried i once to get a ticket cleared

#13 ·
you dumb bro and should put it on in CA. when u get pulled over for something else theyll add it to the ticket for shure. plus im half way remembering that since CA is broke, they cracked down on fix it tickets, i wanna say they completely got rid of fix it tickets. so i dnt think you can slap it back on and get it signed offf by a cop anymore, like i did plenty a time yrs ago. Your only option would be to pay up ur hard earned $. and it just dsnt seem worth it to me cuz i know id also be paying speeding and wreckless driving fees

#14 ·
I asked my salesman not to have the service guys put mine on during prep but they did and i didnt notice until i washed it 2 days later. im going to leave mine,i think it looks better without it but why go around asking for a reason for the cops to pull me over?

#15 ·
my coworker just got pulled over for not having front plates and he ended up getting a DUI. still sound like a good idea??????? I mean ur car isnt gonna look better or drive faster w out it, but it will attract more cops, guranteeed! get a jdm mnt kit and call it a day....or just go tint your front windows all the way and get a 3in exhaust and a sticker that says pull me over while ur at it.

#16 ·
I live in New Jersey and i just got pulled over for tints twice in 2 days and also for having my license plate on the dashboard... Im sick of the tickets so i just put everything back to normal to save some headaches... Its looks better but its not worth driving around looking for a cop and quickly lowering your windows

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.