9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know , that I installed a set of Focal KRX2 speakers in my 2012 Civic, and they have a massive magnet.. I had to install a 1" mdf spacer ( 2 x 1/2" spacers) to accomodate the magnet, and in doing so , I also had to trim the inside plastic ring on the door panel down to nothing so as to accomodate the front of the speaker. So it can be done.
So just google my speaker for its dimensions, and that should give you an idea if yours will fit or not.
And I also learned that a 1" spacer is pretty well as much as that car can take, as I tried a 1 1/4" spacer, but the front of the speaker would hit on the inside of the door panel during maximum excursion of the speaker cone. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know , that I installed a set of Focal KRX2 speakers in my 2012 Civic, and they have a massive magnet.. I had to install a 1" mdf spacer ( 2 x 1/2" spacers) to accomodate the magnet, and in doing so , I also had to trim the inside plastic ring on the door panel down to nothing so as to accomodate the front of the speaker. So it can be done.
So just google my speaker for its dimensions, and that should give you an idea if yours will fit or not.
And I also learned that a 1" spacer is pretty well as much as that car can take, as I tried a 1 1/4" spacer, but the front of the speaker would hit on the inside of the door panel during maximum excursion of the speaker cone. Hope this helps.
How do you like those speakers? Do you have them on an aftermarket amp? Ive been looking into them on my past few cars but theyre just soo damn expensive..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts