9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a stock 2012 Civic 4dr EX with 130,000 km, and I'm having an issue with my front suspension. There is a metal on metal clunking sound coming from the front passenger side suspension when going over larger bumps or expansion joints. It doesn't seem to affect the way the car handles or drives, but the noise is a bit concerning. It first started happening in the fall of last year, but when I took it into the shop they said everything seems fine. It went away during the winter months, but returned once the weather warmed up over the summer. The only suspension work i've had done was replacing the driver side front compliance bushing at 90,000 km.

The fact this is only happening when it is warm makes me wonder if it is a rubber bushing or suspension mount? The rubber would be softer in the summer heat, perhaps making the issue more noticeable? My googling hasn't turning up much, except a video talking about the passenger side motor mount in 8th gen civics. It really sounds like it is coming from the suspension, so I don't think it is that. Just wondering if anyone else with 9th gen civics has encountered this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Start with your sway bar link on passenger side. When I had my wheel bearing replaced the dealer quoted replacement for clunking over bumps. I changed both sway bar links noise went away and steering improved.
Recommend replace both sides together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts