9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New post, hopefully I’m in the right place.
My check engine light began to come on and go off randomly and I was able to pull the code P1454.
I did the obvious first step and replaced the fuel tank cap which seemed to work but unfortunately to no avail...CEL came back on.
I don’t want to take up too much of anyone’s time, I just wanted to see if there are any words of wisdom and/or advice so to speak. Before an outright replacement are there any things to take a look at, i.e. a clogged tube, a bad seal, connectivity issues (electrical, Physical) etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
vacuum leak in the EVAP system maybe. There's a solenoid/sensor under the good that may have gone bad (forget what it's called). Do you have Hondata installed? I've had similar issue and came to find out it was a Hondata error.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New post, hopefully I’m in the right place.
My check engine light began to come on and go off randomly and I was able to pull the code P1454.
I did the obvious first step and replaced the fuel tank cap which seemed to work but unfortunately to no avail...CEL came back on.
I don’t want to take up too much of anyone’s time, I just wanted to see if there are any words of wisdom and/or advice so to speak. Before an outright replacement are there any things to take a look at, i.e. a clogged tube, a bad seal, connectivity issues (electrical, Physical) etc.
Thanks
Year, model and miles on the car; are all helpful to get the best answer.
Your location could prove helpful as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a bit air headed on my part🥴
Pretty pertinent info.
It’s a 2015 EX just shy of 98,000
I’m in Ohio.
There has been some new issues since I posted.
I replaced the ftp sensor and the CEL went off but a day later it popped back on. I’m kinda picking up that it seems to be happening when my fuel levels either topped off or about a 1/4 tank. I haven’t verified that it was an after the fact observation.
anyway, the code P1454 returned and now I’m getting “pending fault P1458”.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That was a bit air headed on my part🥴
Pretty pertinent info.
It’s a 2015 EX just shy of 98,000
I’m in Ohio.
There has been some new issues since I posted.
I replaced the ftp sensor and the CEL went off but a day later it popped back on. I’m kinda picking up that it seems to be happening when my fuel levels either topped off or about a 1/4 tank. I haven’t verified that it was an after the fact observation.
anyway, the code P1454 returned and now I’m getting “pending fault P1458”.
Thanks guys.
You'll need a scan tool to monitor FTP data. Both codes point to a fault in the FTP circuit. Could be the sensor,wiring, or PCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts