9th Gen Civic Forum banner

FTP sensor code P1454

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MatocasteR@1969 
#1 ·
New post, hopefully I’m in the right place.
My check engine light began to come on and go off randomly and I was able to pull the code P1454.
I did the obvious first step and replaced the fuel tank cap which seemed to work but unfortunately to no avail...CEL came back on.
I don’t want to take up too much of anyone’s time, I just wanted to see if there are any words of wisdom and/or advice so to speak. Before an outright replacement are there any things to take a look at, i.e. a clogged tube, a bad seal, connectivity issues (electrical, Physical) etc.
Thanks

#3 ·
vacuum leak in the EVAP system maybe. There's a solenoid/sensor under the good that may have gone bad (forget what it's called). Do you have Hondata installed? I've had similar issue and came to find out it was a Hondata error.

#4 ·
New post, hopefully I’m in the right place.
My check engine light began to come on and go off randomly and I was able to pull the code P1454.
I did the obvious first step and replaced the fuel tank cap which seemed to work but unfortunately to no avail...CEL came back on.
I don’t want to take up too much of anyone’s time, I just wanted to see if there are any words of wisdom and/or advice so to speak. Before an outright replacement are there any things to take a look at, i.e. a clogged tube, a bad seal, connectivity issues (electrical, Physical) etc.
Thanks
Year, model and miles on the car; are all helpful to get the best answer.
Your location could prove helpful as well.

#5 ·
That was a bit air headed on my part🥴
Pretty pertinent info.
It’s a 2015 EX just shy of 98,000
I’m in Ohio.
There has been some new issues since I posted.
I replaced the ftp sensor and the CEL went off but a day later it popped back on. I’m kinda picking up that it seems to be happening when my fuel levels either topped off or about a 1/4 tank. I haven’t verified that it was an after the fact observation.
anyway, the code P1454 returned and now I’m getting “pending fault P1458”.
Thanks guys.

#7 ·
So I replaced sensor, metered the cable (voltage test), it passed, then finally disconnected battery when done with all of the work. No CEL She runs great (always has throughout issue).
Then yesterday sitting in traffic the dreaded CEL returned. I haven’t scanned it yet to see what code pops up though I’m sure I know. The mpg is good right around 36-35.9 I drive a lot of highway about 51 miles one way M-F for work then maybe half that daily life.
Maybe/maybe not related I did replace plugs not long before the CEL started its random popping on/off. Just throwing that out there
I always appreciate the help everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.