9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a heated topic. What brand of fuel you use to get best fuel mpg? I have seen so many videos on brands that arw top tier. Lets see what the forum says.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've normally filled up with premium at 76. After commuting sightly further for work I've switched to Costco and noticed slightly better MPG(27-30MPG). Both are top tier brands as well, which is a minimum requirement IMO.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I mostly use premium 91 octane from costco with my civic. Occasionally if Im driving home from class or work later at night when Costco is closed and am running low, then I fill up with premium 91 octane from Chevron but that's just in emergency situations where I need to fill up to get home. Costco is my main go to.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah i useally run costco as well. I was just seeing if others got better mpg using other brands.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QT is my backup. Also gives me an opportunity to grab the 2-for-$4 monsters, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Monsters, taquitos, burritos, breakfast biscuits, they have it all.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Comparing gasoline is like splitting hairs. Just drive slower and you'll get better gas mileage. Or make up the difference by ordering one less pizza during the year. Of all the ways to save money, gasoline is not at the top of my list.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Comparing gasoline is like splitting hairs. Just drive slower and you'll get better gas mileage. Or make up the difference by ordering one less pizza during the year. Of all the ways to save money, gasoline is not at the top of my list.
this is a civic mileage/fuel question. once you go GTI....you obviously won't care about mileage! :)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
In the '70s, here in so cal, when you could only get gas every other day.
You would pay any price just to get some. I remember thinking what a rip it was having to pay 67 cents a gallon for premium grade fuel.

Fortunately businesses were exempt, and I knew a guy...:winky:

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Any top tier. As Mr. Egg said, your right foot has more to do with mileage than anything and, obviously, few drivers know or use their foot well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My commutes are mostly city, as I live about 15 mins from work. The best way I can max mileage on these drives is 3k shifts. But, that's not why I bought this car, lol. And I'm already getting way better mileage than my Silverado, so I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
this is a civic mileage/fuel question. once you go GTI....you obviously won't care about mileage! :)
I actually get better mileage with the GTI than I did with any of my Si's. The GTI averages about 31-32 mpg whereas my Si's averaged 26-28 mpg. Same driving.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I actually get better mileage with the GTI than I did with any of my Si's. The GTI averages about 31-32 mpg whereas my Si's averaged 26-28 mpg. Same driving.
You say that now... But eventually carbon buildup will reaffirm what everybody knows; Vtec always wins.

To reaffirm what everyone is saying, it really doesn't seem to matter. I alternate between Mobil and Shell pretty often and can never tell any difference between the two. A 5 degree temperature swing will make a much bigger difference than the brand of gasoline.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You say that now... But eventually carbon buildup will reaffirm what everybody knows; Vtec always wins.

To reaffirm what everyone is saying, it really doesn't seem to matter. I alternate between Mobil and Shell pretty often and can never tell any difference between the two. A 5 degree temperature swing will make a much bigger difference than the brand of gasoline.
That's why I leased it. I'm pretty sure I'll never own a car again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appricate it. I drive over 100 miles a day ond way to work. So any extra mileage i can get the better. I drive on cruise on control.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts

Don't know if VW is one of them but most manufacturers using GDI are now also using a small amount of port injection to get the back of the valves sprayed and cleaned off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts