9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Brand only matters when discussing premium. They are different. Extra care is taken under name brand premium not to contaminate with diesel. Regular can have diesel residue up to 1 percent and probably some generic premiums. Fresh gasoline is always best. I like BP an Shell premium. I stay away from Mobil and no name gas.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I appricate it. I drive over 100 miles a day ond way to work. So any extra mileage i can get the better. I drive on cruise on control.
One thing to also consider with that much steady driving is a drop-in K&N filter. Not going to give much if any power, but will translate into a cpl MPGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
224 Posts
I appricate it. I drive over 100 miles a day ond way to work. So any extra mileage i can get the better. I drive on cruise on control.
I find I get better mileage with my foot. Cruise control for some reason uses more fuel. I don’t know why and for the life of me I would never have guessed. But the numbers don’t lie.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I find I get better mileage with my foot. Cruise control for some reason uses more fuel. I don’t know why and for the life of me I would never have guessed. But the numbers don’t lie.
I get the opposite result with cruise control on ECON mode. It will back off the set cruise speed a couple of MPH when going up hills and it works for me in saving gas.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Don't know if VW is one of them but most manufacturers using GDI are now also using a small amount of port injection to get the back of the valves sprayed and cleaned off.
I'm not sure...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I normally go to pioneer. Sometimes I go to Petrocanada or shell for the 94 octane. I tried running 91 in my car to see if their was a difference and after a few days I thought there was. Also thought maybe it was just me so I went back to 87 after a couple of tanks and couldn’t really tell. Mind you I’m not driving an Si so I’m thinking 87 is fine for the r18 and also saving me about 20 cents a litre. I’m doing mostly highway driving as I have about a 45 minute commute but usually beating the snot out of my car while out on country roads.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ive only ever ran 93 from shell in my cars and i mean i run it religiously lol only 1 time i havent and thats because i was in a back water area and needed gas bad there wasnt an option other than some no name station and i swear my car ran like doodoo with it and never again will i let that happen. If i plan a trip i make sure theres a shell along the way lol

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Mostly Shell because it's close to where I live and always top tier. I make my own mid grade by using premium every other fill up at the half way mark on the gauge. Mid grade is a guess at gas stations from the dude filling tanks with HIS mix of regular and premium at he station and I trust me more than "him". I've bought mid-grade that I knew was regular by the way it ran. I can tell the different in octanes with my butt dyno. Cheap gas isn't cheap in the long run IMO. As Teeps pointed out, Honda recommends it. Oddly, my VFR likes regular and hates premium in it's high compression engine. All of them are that way. Could it be valve over-lap?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts