9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just wondering what do you guys consider as "full bolt-ons" for the 9th gen? Would it be Intake, Headers and exhaust or would it be I/H/E + Throttle bodies (TB), RBC/RRC Swaps, etc.

Also for those of us who have been there and done bolt-ons with a tune to increase power, Would any of you rather have saved the money from bolt-ons and go straight to being boosted, even if it was just something like a Stage 1 Turbo or Supercharger kit?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think if I started from the beginning i would of saved all my money for a supercharger instead but I still like my bolt ons.

When they say full bolt ons they mean intake, rbc swap, downpipe (catted or catless) and exhaust and tuned obviously.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would consider the full bolt-ons to include the RBC/RRC swap, not so much the throttle body though as there is little to no gain on our N/A setups. I bought all of my bolt-ons with the CT-E supercharger in mind so I wouldn't have to sell anything later and take a loss. I'm glad I bought my bolt-ons first as it gives me something to enjoy now while saving for the supercharger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would've rather saved money and went forced induction from the start also, saving more money to go F/I from the start seems like your getting better power for the money vs doing bolt-ons.

I think a "Stage 1" F/I Kit giving you around ~270hp give or take is something most of us would actually be more satisfied with for a long time vs. full bolt-ons, and it's like a happy medium between spending a little less money for bolt-ons which will only make it quick vs. a ton of money going all out with your forced induction setup, bigger turbos, smaller pulleys, aftercoolers, etc etc.

That doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with my bolt-ons though, it's definitely quicker and seeing the results from all the work I put into my car is priceless. Bolt-ons were a good basis for me to get a feel for working on my car, if it wasn't for bolt-ons I can't even imagine how I would install a supercharger by myself. I don't think I would've known as much as I do now if it wasn't for doing bolt-ons first, but now that I've been there, forced induction seems like the better choice from the start for the most of us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.