9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone tell me they have this exact setup and were able to do something about how loud it is. I need to do something I'm literally setting off car alarms on my block at 5:30 am at no more then 2500-3000 rmp. Highway drone is crazy. It's been about 2 months and I'm almost embarrassed. I knew it's going to be loud but this is a different level I was not expecting. My boy has a z06 and a Harley... My car is louder then both. I have more parts to put on the car but I can't until I get this sound sorted out
So far only mods are
Fullrace DP
Fullrace catback
Flashpro
DC short ram

·
Registered
763 Posts
This is why I went catted. World of difference compared to a catless setup. Other than switching to a catted downpipe can try adding a vibrant ultra quiet resonator.

·
Registered
594 Posts
+1 on catted. Plus, stinks less. 3" exhaust is loud, full race is one of the quiter 3" IMO. I suggest finding a shop that does stainless exhaust work. Adding resonators have been tried by others, didn't seem to help much. Adding another muffler, preferably chambered would help loads. A J-pipe helps drone. Or, do a valve set up, quiet exit muffler or free flowing exit.

Reactions: modrid81

·
Registered
218 Posts
Definitely more of a downpipe issue than exhaust issue. the Fullrace exhaust isn't all that much louder than a q300. Most of your noise is from the catless dp.

My q300 literally was dead silent (honestly sounded like the stock exhaust) until after I installed my catted rv6, that's when the exhaust note had more tone to it.

I say replace your dp with a catted one or find a reputable shop to weld a cat on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run the same exhaust set up. While initial cold-starts are most certainly loud, once mine warms up idle is very quiet. Highway drone, to me, is minimal even with urethane motor mounts. Have you checked for any leaks? I also have never had a problem with smells, especially not in the cabin. Maybe i'm just used to the sounds, or don't expect it to be quiet considering what it is, but from your statement, it doesn't seem like we are sharing the same experience.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
716 Posts
Catless is loud. Made me remember when I had a SRT 4 that was catless. Smelled awful and loud.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a catless 3” fullrace system. I drive this car everyday and to be honest, not really that loud. Coldstart yes louder but imo this is not as loud as all the other exhausts out there .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh, also saw you have a DC short ram? I did my CAI first before I put in the FR exhaust (like a week apart)... The CAI made the car substantially louder under load, such as on a freeway onramp...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts