9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the LEDGlow interior kit into my car a few months ago and it works great! The only thing I don't like is that is comes on every time I start up the car. Is there a specific fuse slot that I could use to only get them to turn on with the low beams? Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
I don't know that it's a function of a fuse slot, per se. I think you would have to splice in to the low beam wiring somewhere along the line. I only do basic house wiring so any more than that I'm not sure about.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks!

Reactions: Digger

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
In my Si coupe the left low beam fuse is #4 (10A) and the right low beam fuse is #6 (10A). Both fuses are in the fuse box in the engine compartment (not under the dash). The daytime running lights (DRLs) are located in fuse #21 (7.5A), the small lights fuse (whatever that controls) is in fuse #34 (7.5A), and illumination (again, whatever that controls) is in fuse #35 (7.5A) in the interior fuse compartment (not in the engine). You could try a add-a-circuit (see this: New Add A Circuit ATM Low Profile Blade Style Fuse Holder Je | eBay for reference [thanks AlienPrime!]) to connect the positive (+) wire from the LEDGlow interior kit to the pigtail of the add-a-circuit and then just ground it wherever you find a suitable ground. From what I understand (and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me), the fuse only gets power whenever you use what it protects. If that is true, you could just add the circuit for the low beams and then your light kit would only be illuminated when the low beams (or whatever else you plug into) are on.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking, I just didn't know what fuse the low beams were! Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
That's what I was thinking, I just didn't know what fuse the low beams were! Thanks for your help!
PS before you go running to through wires in the slots I told you, just double-check your owner's manual for the correct fuse location. It goes without saying, but I don't want to be responsible for blowing up your car because you took my word for the fuse slot number.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha no worries, I will make sure everything checks out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts