9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're considering the RBC upgrade and currently use the Takeda/Greddy Intake, here's a hook up solution I found.

After the install I used a universal Flex-pipe and Spectre 3" Coupler that can be found at your O'reily/Autozone etc. This was my temporary fix until I determined a better fit for a coupler/pipe.

Before,

Then I purchased a 3" ID 30 Degree Coupler from Siliconeintakes.com (Use Discount Count: Link987 for 10% off). It required a little trimming because I did cut my intake pipe to attach my old Afe throttle body spacer.
After,

It looks much better and should flow air much smoother than the corrugated intake pipe and the bend looks a bit more mild.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Buddah

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very good info... I'msure the same 30* coupler is all that's needed to make any stock mani intake fit onto the Rbc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you're considering the RBC upgrade and currently use the Takeda/Greddy Intake, here's a hook up solution I found.

After the install I used a universal Flex-pipe and Spectre 3" Coupler that can be found at your O'reily/Autozone etc. This was my temporary fix until I determined a better fit for a coupler/pipe.

Before,

Then I purchased a 3" ID 30 Degree Coupler from Siliconeintakes.com (Use Discount Count: Link987 for 10% off). It required a little trimming because I did cut my intake pipe to attach my old Afe throttle body spacer.
After,

It looks much better and should flow air much smoother than the corrugated intake pipe and the bend looks a bit more mild.

Enjoy!
How does the combo feel like when driving? Do you think there is a little bit low end torque now that you have the two?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does the combo feel like when driving? Do you think there is a little bit low end torque now that you have the two?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I haven't been playing around with it too much because I'm datalogging E-tunes with VitViper. But seems to be getting up to speed much faster. Throttle response is on point for my downshifts. Virtually no sluggish lag.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a picture of that elbow installed? I like the blue. Maybe change the vacuum lines too.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Million thanks to as many Knives for sharing this solution.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts