9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the loose gas cap alert came on. I checked the cap it was not loose. Dealer service says "drive it and see if it comes on again" I drove it a day and next day the check engine light came on. I used flashpro to check codes these came up. PO455 PO456. (Evap)

I made the mistake of clearing the codes with FP. Dealer said the would not replace the cap unless they had codes , I checked the cap and drove it the warning went off and again. A little while later the check engine light came on again.

I just had all the work listed in my signature done a week ago and I'm getting worried. The dealer has ordered a cap but I'm afraid he will attempt to stick it to me when I bring the car in.

Any advise?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The fuel to air ratio could be off, causing not enough pressure or too much pressure in the intake manifold, which would result in those codes. Something to do with the vacuum pressure or something in the engine. I don't know the exact details.

People have replaced the fuel cap and the issue just keeps coming back because the gas cap is not the issue.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks

I'll ask he tuner to check it.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
The light came on because the gas is changing to winter gas. Mine came on once in the spring. The tune has nothing to do with the light. The RVP is changing and since its higher it might of escaped through on of the fuel lines. Just reset the code and put on the gas cap again and see what happens.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The light came on because the gas is changing to winter gas. Mine came on once in the spring. The tune has nothing to do with the light. The RVP is changing and since its higher it might of escaped through on of the fuel lines. Just reset the code and put on the gas cap again and see what happens.
Thanks Silver

I did that once you think I should try it again?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Could it be a leak in one of these newly installed components: S2 Pro Series Intake manifold, ZDX Throttle body, PRL Short ram, RBC intake manifold adapter kit? I would buy Silver's explanation if you hadn't done the mods just recently. My stock Civic threw the PO4055 code last week also. I cleaned the cap seal and the filler lip, reset the code, and put four clicks into the cap when I replaced it. No code since and over 100 miles of driving. There are other posts about this issue and a lot of them have to do with the throttle body spacer(s). Just a suggestion.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/interior-problems/3968-tighten-fuel-cap-warning-display.html

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jamis.

I'm finding a lot of these posts on Google in other models, Elements and Odyssey as well as cars that have been modded. I had it happen on my 2012 LX but just once.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Now that I've experienced this code, I think I'm going to add lubricating the gas cap seal to the oil change procedures. Just to keep it soft and pliable.

·
Registered
838 Posts
hello I had the same problem on my 14 si all stock, first gc loose error came on at 3k mi after double checking the cap to make sure (it was already tight), it went off after a few miles of driving. I am over 6k now and the light hasn't come on since. I had this same problem on my previous cars too its annoying!

I never got to find out what the problem was. It just came on when it wanted and left when it wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts