9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a gas station today when I had about 18 miles left on my range, I put $10 to make it through tomorrow and the range stayed the same. I went back to the gas station to double check and they had record of the gas dispensed etc. I decided to put another $10 at a different gas station and made sure gas was coming out of the pump and when I was done its still at 16 miles left on the range when it should have about half a tank! I turned the car off a couple of times to see if it would reset but it didn't. Any suggestions about what it is? Since it is Saturday I have to wait until Monday to call the dealership. Car is an LX with 650 miles. I've only had it for almost two weeks. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well if you put gas in it you should be okay till monday, even if your gauge isn't updating.. Sounds like something with your sensor-thingy that detects how much gas you have in your tank. I'm sure Honda will have no problem looking at it and taking care of the problem.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
ive had it at a range of 0 miles to empty before and i had to put minium of 20 in it before it would even read..... i think ten dollars just annoyed it....lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that I left the door open and the key at the II position. The screen said to put the key at 0 but I ignored it. Called the dealership and the guy I spoke to which was a salesman I suppose have never heard of that happening. Maybe I just annoyed the computer by not doing what it wanted me to do.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I shut the car off, exit the vehicle, shut the door (with the key in my pocket) and fill up. The gauge refills just fine, so does my 'trip a' meter.

If you're still having problems after that. I'd suggest seeing a mechanic or visiting the dealer service center.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Damng.. I ALWAYS fill uo with the car on...lol.. Never had any issues...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket 4G LTE from At&t.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shut the car off, exit the vehicle, shut the door (with the key in my pocket) and fill up. The gauge refills just fine, so does my 'trip a' meter.

If you're still having problems after that. I'd suggest seeing a mechanic or visiting the dealer service center.
I did that the next morning and still nothing. This is not something i expected from a car with less than 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The solution is to not be cheap and fill her up with more than 2.5 gallons or just do the manual calculations in your head. I takes more than 2.5 galllons to reset the range meter due to reserve if you have noticed the capacity is 13.2 gallons and when you fill up from close to zero range it takes less than 11 gallons to fill her up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me see according to my calculations it has about $30 worth of gas so that calculates to 30/3.85 which equals 7.79220779 and then minus 2.5 it equals 5.29 and it still did not reset my reserve. Im not sure if you read the whole thread but the computer seems to be faulted. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Were you able to figure out the problem? I'm having the same issues on mine. The fuel guage will not go full when I pump a full tank. The next day, after driving 7 miles, it goes up to 3/4.

·
Registered
440 Posts
OP hasn't posted anything on this site in almost 4 years. I doubt you'll get a reply. If you still have warranty it's best to visit a dealer.

How often has this happened and have you tried different pumps? The pump might be shutting off before your tank is full. But if the gauge shows more gas the next day then there's something wrong with your car.

Hope you get this issue solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My old 2015 Honda Civic Si had a fuel gauge issue. It wouldn't read past like 50% full. Took it to the dealer. Apparently a wire under the trunk area "appears to be chewed by a probable rodent etc". Cost about $250. I suggest checking those wires.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've had this issue a couple times with my civic too. Most recently it happened about a month ago where I only had about 10 miles of range left and it was about 9 at night and I stopped to put just about $5 of gas in it just enough to get me home thinking I would go get a full tank of gas in the morning. The first $5 worth of gas didn't register with my gas gauge and the range still showed I had about 10 miles left. I drove a little further, stopped at a second gas tank and put in another $5 and after that my gas gauge showed I had 100 miles of range. This was about a month ago and since then the issue hasn't happened again, although since then I've always filled to a full tank....I've only ever had this issue happen when I try to fill up a small amount of gas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts