9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get gear while in all gears and it's the most noticeable when coming to a stop in neutral since that's when the rest of the car is at its quietest. Any one else experiencing this?

'12 Si by the way.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Is it loud enough to capture on a vid?

Reactions: Skrub

·
Registered
329 Posts
i have the same thing in mine. Seems to be most prominent in 4th gear when just cruising. Hope its not my throwout bearing, shouldnt be because i only have 555 miles.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
i have the same thing in mine. Seems to be most prominent in 4th gear when just cruising. Hope its not my throwout bearing, shouldnt be because i only have 555 miles.
You can never say never, but not very likely a throwout bearing. If you throw it in neutral and release the clutch while coasting and hear a noise I would bet against it actually.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Not sure, I'll try tomorrow. My phone has crappy audio (evo) but lets see.
Thanks for giving it a shot. Also, try this experiment as best you can. Do the reverse gear whiney sound which is normal and focus on where that noise is coming from. Then get your car to make the noise you are wondering about and see if it is coming from the exact spot or different area. Even better if you have a passenger aboard to confirm the sound locations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can never say never, but not very likely a throwout bearing. If you throw it in neutral and release the clutch while coasting and hear a noise I would bet against it actually.
no noise with the clutch in and coasting:(

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine's done this since about 1000 miles. I never worried about it because my Jeep has made a similar sound for 130,000 miles and it seems fine. If you have the clutch in, there's no load on the gear teeth and they won't make noise. The throwout bearing won't whine, it'll make a "hissing" or "dragging a branch" sound if it's going out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts