9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the gear x 3rd and 4th gears for my 9th gen can someone guide me in the right direction... it says that they fit rsx so would it fit our 9th gens?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I want to get the gear x 3rd and 4th gears for my 9th gen can someone guide me in the right direction... it says that they fit rsx so would it fit our 9th gens?
Yes, I believe those will work. Just to confirm, go to geardriven's website and message them on their chat. They will confirm.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Honda's transmission internals apparently are all very similar. Pics are the labels on my 1-4 set.
If your boosted, and never running slicks, I highly suggest 1-4. The longer first gear really helps traction issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
If its just 3 and 4 will the speedometer still be off?
Yes, speedometer works off of one of those two. But, KPH seems to match GPS speed, and Hondata may have a setting to calibrate speedometer.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
Honda's transmission internals apparently are all very similar. Pics are the labels on my 1-4 set.
If your boosted, and never running slicks, I highly suggest 1-4. The longer first gear really helps traction issues.
Did you install the gears yourself?

·
Registered
596 Posts
So no Dakota box is needed ?
I can't confirm, but Hondata at least could calibrate the 8th gens, probably does for 9ths. Right now I'm just running KPH, and it's accurate according to GPS.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So no Dakota box is needed ?
Yes, you do need something like the dakota box. I just purchased and installed him. I have mine set to 1.66 in the dakota box. Hondata does not have this setting for our cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts