9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, Iv done a few post's on here, with little response back, so here's hoping right?..

i drive a 2012 civic EX coupe, ( i personally decided not to get an SI), I was on Procivic.com, and for some reason i was viewing parts for a 2011 ex coupe....now im new to Honda's, iv pretty much always had a truck. i understand the body and the other ascetics car not interchangeable. Both cars use the R18 power plant...i am naturally assuming that there both the same R18, I'm looking to sink some money into my civic, its already lowered on skunk2 springs, i have HID head/fog lights, and a custom skunk2 cant back, I will adding a turbo this car in the future, what im really asking is how interchangeable are the parts from an 8th gen to a 9th. ill be adding a short list of my future mods, hoping the list can make it easier to answer the question.

I also ask that is anyone with the response " buy an SI ", or " wast of money" keep it to them self's, i understand its not an SI but that doesn't make the R18 civic any less than a nice car than an SI, thanks :)

here's a short list of the mods i will be doing over the winter...IF 8th gen parts fit my 9th gen

-Weapon R I-Throttle Controller
-Weapon R Intake Manifold
-Turbo Specialtes ( TSI ) R18 Extreme Turbo Kit
- Mishimoto Racing Thermostat
-Mishimoto Silicone Rad Hose Kit

IF i DO NOT do the turbo kit there parts are also on my " mod list "

-Megan Racing Downpipe
-Weapon R Angled O2 Sensor CEL Eliminator
-Weapon R R18 Race Header

Well guys that really it other an smaller mods that wont be any issue..by the way all these parts can be viewed on procivic.com with the search of a 2011 civic coupe ex thank everyone for your help! also here's a picture of my car. thanks again guys

CAM00021.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until they come up with a tuning solution for the 2012 R18 you're not going to be adding a turbo... and at this rate I wouldn't count on that happening.
yeah i been getting that feeling as well....what are your thoughts about the other parts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe the down pipe will fit not sure. One guy on here has header done to his r18z1 but not sure how yet will find out. There isn't many exhaust out there for 9th gen non si yet so especially not many bolt ons yet sadly...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts