9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Genuine Mugen RR Spoiler List

Hello 9th Civic owners. I recently spent a day searching the web for a genuine Mugen spoiler for our generation of Civics. I could not find one on any website made for America and the sites that weren't American weren't willing to ship the spoiler here. So I got into contact with King Motorsports Mugens official seller to the US and told them I was fed up. I didn't want to pay for some cheap imitation spoiler that looks like its about to come off when I go over 35mph. He replied and said he would contact Mugen. He recently replied back to me with this.

We are working through pricing for the part with Mugen as we speak. This is a part that has not been previously imported into the US to a distribution channel needs to be for metted.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

To me this is great news but I don't want to stop there. So if you all would be so kindly as to make a list of sorts so I can go back with it and show Mugen they can make money because there is a market here in America, we want genuine parts and we are tired of accepting cheap rip offs. It is my hope that after seeing this list Mugen will sell alot more than just their spoiler to the US, but that we can get the parts the rest of the world already has as well. Just reply on this thread stating your nickname on this site and that if this product came out you'd be willing to buy it. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Doubt many will rejoice in excitement for a spoiler granted mugen parts aren't cheap.
More than likely 1500+ alone
Just being realistic. But maybe it'll work out for you.problem is mugen doesn't just shell out parts unless they've been tested ,wind tunnel etc etc.
So it might be a long time ,by then the ctr will probably be here already

·
Registered
54 Posts
Small world, I actually live about 5 minutes away from king motorsports. Their shop and office is amazing. Can't wait to have them build up my si. You should have no problems working with them, their customer service is great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other thread is asking where i can find one. This one is confirming KM is talking to Mugen on bringing the spoiler to the US. I am actually quite surpised not a single person has said they would want one or would be happy seeing these parts in our country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mugen already makes these spoilers so what would they have to test? And if they open up more of their market here I'm sure the spoiler won't nearly be that much because they wouldn't be making a spoiler for just one person but multitudes of people.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,397 Posts
Mugen already makes these spoilers so what would they have to test? And if they open up more of their market here I'm sure the spoiler won't nearly be that much because they wouldn't be making a spoiler for just one person but multitudes of people.
Mugen is Mugen they are not going to lower prices because of volume your paying for the exclusivity and the name. Just like Gucci is Gucci do you think Gucci lowers prices because of volume? If anything the price might go up.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
I'm sorry,what spoilers are you referring to exactly? The one for a 12 sedan?the closest thing made already is the modulo mugen kit and that's based off the 13+
There is no 2012 civic Si sedan mugen kit anywhere on earth.period.
You have to
A retrofit a ctr spoiler
B retrofit a modulo mugen spoiler.
That's it.so what spoilers do you think already exist?for under 1500$?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you go on Mugen it shows the Mugen Civic sold in the Philipines and Malaysia. And parts that can go on a basic CIVIC made after 2012. What im saying is they make spoilers for 12+CIVICS already. The email I received said nothing about testing but just stated that this product hadn't been sold in the states yet. Not that they need to create a new one that needed to be tested before it was sold here. I was assuming that this meant that the spoiler Mugen makes for Mugen CIVICS around the world will fit an American SI. Does this clarify what I meant?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Genuine Mugen RR Spoiler List

Hello 9th Civic owners. I recently spent a day searching the web for a genuine Mugen spoiler for our generation of Civics. I could not find one on any website made for America and the sites that weren't American weren't willing to ship the spoiler here. So I got into contact with King Motorsports Mugens official seller to the US and told them I was fed up. I didn't want to pay for some cheap imitation spoiler that looks like its about to come off when I go over 35mph. He replied and said he would contact Mugen. He recently replied back to me with this.

We are working through pricing for the part with Mugen as we speak. This is a part that has not been previously imported into the US to a distribution channel needs to be for metted.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

To me this is great news but I don't want to stop there. So if you all would be so kindly as to make a list of sorts so I can go back with it and show Mugen they can make money because there is a market here in America, we want genuine parts and we are tired of accepting cheap rip offs. It is my
When you go on Mugen it shows the Mugen Civic sold in the Philipines and Malaysia. And parts that can go on a basic CIVIC made after 2012. What im saying is they make spoilers for 12+CIVICS already. The email I received said nothing about testing but just stated that this product hadn't been sold in the states yet. Not that they need to create a new one that needed to be tested before it was sold here. I was assuming that this meant that the spoiler Mugen makes for Mugen CIVICS around the world will fit an American SI. Does this clarify what I meant?
hope that after seeing this list Mugen will sell alot more than just their spoiler to the US, but that we can get the parts the rest of the world already has as well. Just reply on this thread stating your nickname on this site and that if this product came out you'd be willing to buy it. Thanks.
My name is Chris. I have the 2k12 si and I would love to have the mugen rr rear diffuser with the light when it comes available .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts