9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to what the general consensus of putting a german license plate on a japanese car, like the Si? :p haha.
I had a german plate on my 335i, which I don't have anymore, so I have the plate just lying around lol. Or would a japanese plate be less tacky? Haha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A German plate on a Japanese car, built in Canada and sold in the US? Methinks it's a bit much LOL :D
Sounds awesome! Chaos, haha.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've seen people order the Euro plates for their front, only with numbers that match the official rear plate. I'm pretty sure it's not 100% legal. But you might could talk your way out of the ticket if you were good...

Chip H.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen people order the Euro plates for their front, only with numbers that match the official rear plate. I'm pretty sure it's not 100% legal. But you might could talk your way out of the ticket if you were good...

Chip H.
yeah, its not legal here in California, as you are suppose to have the California plates on front anyways. I don't even have my front plate on anyways now. My dad had a german plate on his x5, and he's only been pulled over once and given a fix it ticket. I never got pulled over when I had my german plate on my 335i. Depends on the cop I suppose!

·
Hola
3,746 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a buddy that has one on his Audi and it looks good,not so sure about a civic though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yeah it definitely looks beautiful and fitting on a german car. im not sure if it makes sense on a civic, but for some reason the contradicting nature of it draws me closer to it haha.
but this is how it looked on my bmw (it was a different plate at that time. i rear ended someone so it messed up the plate and bumper too, so i got a new german plate)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is kinda old, maybe you don't even have your si anymore, but I don't look at it add the car must have the plates of the country of origin. I have a euro style front bumper. And it looks great.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
I have had a German plate on the front of my last two Civics. It's under the legal NYS plate.

I have always been a fan of classic British sports cars. I had wanted a British plate. but at the time, German plates were all I could find.

One of our members, Metz, had a German plate on the back of his Si, and I thought it looked great.

I think it looks good.

0807150750_np.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts