9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday a guy in a white Accord knowingly cuts me off. Today a guy in a G37 decides he's going to be a smart ass and cuts out from behind me, floors it and then cuts me off. Right after that a old guy in a Camry casually cuts into my lane so I have to slow down for him. All three times I'm minding my own business driving along maybe they don't like my red JDM badges or something lol. Shite like this is becoming a regular occurrence for me ever since I got my Si and its frustrating, I can understand the odd time if unknowingly I get cutoff but these are idiots knowingly doing it. This kind of stuff never seemed to happen as much on my previous car.

Anyways thats my vent for the day. Anybody else want to vent with me fire away:)

·
Registered
929 Posts
This was me when I first got my Si it was like everyone was trying to hit me or cut me off. It never happened to me, as much I should say in my orher car. It coulda been cause it was a yellow car and my Si is black but still. Just strikes me as odd.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,728 Posts
I'm not even gonna lie, this happened to me the other day (last Friday to be exact), I got cut off 3x on the way to work, twice during my lunch break and about two more times after work, one of those times was actually a coworker LOL yeah, sooooo pissed! it just wasn't my day. I was so heated that later on that night I made my friend drive us to dinner lol I feared it would happen again, or possibly worse, my luck that day was just awful.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Don't take it personal. People are just more apt to be the north end of a south bound horse these days. Everybody is late and they think only of themselves. I was cut off a couple of times today with no signals. But then I was driving a Civic.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
I think it's just a sign of the times with these damned devices. Most of these folks are trying to win some kind of race, have zero clue of their surroundings, can cut you off and they'll never even know you were there for them to cut off. It's happening to us all. Another Civic driver drifted into my lane today and I had to find the other side of the lane. Reason? Two eyes and two hands on the phone device. Guy puts phone down, looks up, speeds up 10mph and pulls across three lanes of traffic to get to his exit. In that pull, he cut off me and another car. I've also been flipped off after being the person cut off. They cut me off, look in the mirror and see me right there and BOOM finger. Really?

Just have to be defensive and let it go. It feels like I have more jackasses doing this kind of thing since getting the car, but you know what, just let it go and know you're a better person than they are. And always remember, you're an infinitely better driver if you have at least one hand on the wheel and looking at the road while you're driving.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,199 Posts
Take solace in the fact that they are all suffering from Si envy.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys.
Being older, wiser lol, often having family in the car I've learned to let it go. Don't get me wrong I still get very heated but I let it go now, just need to let off some steam every once in a while.
In my younger, less wiser days lol that wasn't always the case.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Being cut off by idiot drivers is an everyday thing for me going to work. All I do is pump up my music and sing.....lol. I rarely had this problem when I was driving a Honda fit.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Being cut off by idiot drivers is an everyday thing for me going to work. All I do is pump up my music and sing.....lol. I rarely had this problem when I was driving a Honda fit.
Before I got my Si I was driving an old Camry and when people saw me coming they would get out of my way lol.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Man, this crap happens to me all the time. Like foo said, I'LL get the bird after being the one cut off!! My BIGGEST pet peeve is when people cut me off and then go under the speed limit. Im like whaaaat?! So if im feeling particularly pissed, ill go around, cut THEM off and then brake check em. Idiots. Yeah maybe i am too, but provoke me like that for no reason, and i dont play.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts