9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im getting ready to order my headlight and foglight HIDS for my si. Idk if i wanna do 6k or 8k! I do want to have some blue but i also need to have good output as im getting my windows all tinted 5% and windshield 35%. Will i be giving up a lot of output from 6k to 8k?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't do it bro... I don't want to be blinded by oncoming drivers.. double HID (headlights+fog) is f'ing blinding, worse than the damn high beams.

But since you want to blind drivers.. go with 4300k-5000k for the best output.. 6000k is the highest I would go for "slight" blue tint.. I'm still against the idea of getting HIDs now though.

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
^ I agree!, do not like them, my boy has them in his truck and when I'm with him at night, I can't believe the people that bright light him all the time. They look good but not a fan of them:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont care about blinding people i need to see myself...im blind as a bat.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
quite helpful! Glad to see we have good mods on here!
I think what he was trying to say is that this subject is like a dead horse but people keep on beating it nonetheless (i.e. no sense in beating a dead horse). There are a bunch of HID threads on here. Skrub just gets angry when people create a new thread on a subject that already has multiple threads for it. I'm actually surprised that he took it so lightly on yoy instead of pissing you out and making you look foolish.

That having been said, I have 6000K lights in both my motorcycle and my Fit. The cutoff on my motorcycle is decent, but the Fit's is so horrible I won't do the HID conversion to the Si until I get a projector assembly for it. I like the 6000K because it is a whiter light than the 8000K that would be more blueish/purply. Just my $0.02 though. We're all entitled to our own opinions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
^Yeah... I had HID in my 96 Civic and 06 Civic, cut off was terrible and lights are thrown everywhere. On the 06 Civic, I aimed it quite low to not blind people but I did have fog lights which was aimed a little higher but they were stock halogen bulbs to shine on the ground better, filling the road where HID isn't lighting up.

Right now, the 2010 Insight LX have aftermarket HID also but it has projectors and provides a nice/decent cut-off and not aimed high.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think what he was trying to say is that this subject is like a dead horse but people keep on beating it nonetheless (i.e. no sense in beating a dead horse). There are a bunch of HID threads on here. Skrub just gets angry when people create a new thread on a subject that already has multiple threads for it. I'm actually surprised that he took it so lightly on yoy instead of pissing you out and making you look foolish.

That having been said, I have 6000K lights in both my motorcycle and my Fit. The cutoff on my motorcycle is decent, but the Fit's is so horrible I won't do the HID conversion to the Si until I get a projector assembly for it. I like the 6000K because it is a whiter light than the 8000K that would be more blueish/purply. Just my $0.02 though. We're all entitled to our own opinions.
I tried searching but the searching on this forum sucks idk why they dont have a searchbar at the top..

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I think what he was trying to say is that this subject is like a dead horse but people keep on beating it nonetheless (i.e. no sense in beating a dead horse). There are a bunch of HID threads on here. Skrub just gets angry when people create a new thread on a subject that already has multiple threads for it. I'm actually surprised that he took it so lightly on you instead of pissing you out and making you look foolish.
I just figured it would bump it and let everyone else sort it out, I could have just deleted it as duplicate.
I get sick of searching to find the same links and post them just to help out before I close the thread anyway. Digger has been doing that for me lately because I'm too bitter to keep it up and I really appreciate that he can keep it together even after seeing the same things over and over.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just a heads up, if you live in snow area or raining condition, 5000k-8000k HID would probably have less visibility than stock halogen or at least based on my experience in rain conditions and reading comments from 8thcivic (previously an 8thcivic member)

Even with my Insight with projectors using 5000k HID, it's quite difficult to see when it rains due to water reflecting the lights.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Please try not to go over 6000k. HIDs without projectors are already ricey by default haha.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts