9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yes I am one of those drivers that piss everyone off, I do have a glare on my 2015 Civic LX Coupe. Im tired of it. I think I am going to get rid of my HIDs after so many years of being annoying driver. Is there any lights out there that I just can plug in as a White light? like from Autozone or something, ew gross I know but. Retro fitting is not in my budget and HIDs and LEDs are fun and all and I am tired of it, so someone please help me out. Or if there is any other solution. Thanks :eek3dancesmiley:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Retro'd is the only way to go HID imo....

That being said, we just got the wife a new 2018 grand caravan. No HID, and the halogen bulb was dull/yellow/awful.

I'm not gonna jam hids in the wifes new van, and retro'ing ain't happening. So i went and got some silverstar ultra something or anothers....crazy bright and a huge difference. Still not HID bright, but better than the stick trash dodge gave us...

Just a though...

·
Registered
571 Posts
For a halogen solution you could try Philips Crystal Vision Ultra. Opinions between those as well as Silverstar are mixed so do whatever you feel is best. LED's are also becoming more prominent now but may have the same glare issues as HID's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a halogen solution you could try Philips Crystal Vision Ultra. Opinions between those as well as Silverstar are mixed so do whatever you feel is best. LED's are also becoming more prominent now but may have the same glare issues as HID's.
I dont have Halogens but alright thanks ill just go get some silverstars, I appreicate it!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Why don't you try adjusting them down a little bit. Sounds like you're pointing a little too far to the left. I've had hids on all my cars and adjusted properly I don't get flashed.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
are you sure you have the HID's properly seated in the housings? some brands, they didn't exactly fit properly into the housing. if it's off a bit, it will make a huge difference.

btw, i put in some Crystal vision Ultra almost 2 years ago. still going strong

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you sure you have the HID's properly seated in the housings? some brands, they didn't exactly fit properly into the housing. if it's off a bit, it will make a huge difference.

btw, i put in some Crystal vision Ultra almost 2 years ago. still going strong
I even contacted the shop and they said that its a brighter bulb so it will do that. Yea no duh cause its not retro fitted. So i kinda gave up on that type of response they gave me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts