9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on cold mornings my glove box rattles more than normal, the door can be pushed in at the top another 1/4 inch or so after latching. I tried bending the U shaped catch at the top up a bit, but then it does not line up with the glove box latch so will not close properly. It does not look like the U link can be adjusted, any ideas, does everybody's glove have play when closed?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Apply some foam rubber with self stick adhesive in strategic places.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just cannot be bothered with taking anything to a dealer, too much time involved when usually one can fix it themselves. Interesting glove box design, no place for foam pads, that would be the easy way, and like I said in my original post bending the U hook causes miss alignment issues.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I have not had to look too closely at mine since it is not rattling nor misaligned as some appear to be from the factory.

Try removing it and see if you can put it back in with less rattling noises.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The glovebox on my Si (and just about every other Civic I've seen of the 2012 variety) have misaligned glove boxes. It jutted out quite a bit on the passenger side.

Mine also has a lot of play once it closes, and it closes very poorly (read: cheaply), especially compared to my 8th gen models.

Since I had them adjust the glovebox so it is flush, it does rattle over bumps especially when it is cold. Haven't had it fixed yet though - bigger fish to fry on the car. Haha.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have Axe, umbrella, febreeze, hand sanitize, led flashlight, and car knife to weight it down. I did try to take everything out and see if it rattles but its very minor and I would be driving 70mph before it even starts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the weekend will see where it goes, i have been trying to adjust in at the top, maybe have to pull out at the bottom, will advise

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Good luck with it, rattles annoy the hell out of me when I can hear them. The only time I messed with my glove box was when I swapped out the cabin air filter which is behind it. You have to drop the thing to get access to that filter. You may want to check to make sure nothing is rattling in that area of the filter just to be sure too.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
How many miles on your car? You may want to change it at the same time.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Take it out. Easier access to the cabin air filter that way. I've had mine out a few times, make sure the blots holding it in are tight. If it's misaligned, you can fix the alignment too.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts