9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone’s running godspeeds on there 14 . Just looking to see how you like them you know . Throw me a link if it’s been posted my bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
A lot of Honda guys in Socal run Godspeeds on their canyon cars and track cars. Godspeed has a good reputation around here, but I do know that their coils don't hold up well to snow and road salt.

I had 70k miles on my Godspeed Maxx coilovers before I got the revalved. No leaks, never gave me any issues or weird noises, and my car sees track time about 5 times a year. 99% of issues that I see with Godspeed coilovers (And most coilovers in general) are user installation errors, especially when it comes to preloading the rear correctly.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've had my Godspeed monomaxx coilovers on for about 10k now. No issues so far. They have seen cold weather but no salt or snow.

·
Registered
2013 Civic si Dyno Blue Pearl (wish it was Fiji)
33 Posts
Hey guys! Im running the monomaxx now for about 2k miles. Do you find them too stiff lol? I downgraded the rears to 8k springs and its still rides harsh

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey guys! Im running the monomaxx now for about 2k miles. Do you find them too stiff lol? I downgraded the rears to 8k springs and its still rides harsh
Haha, I thought they were too soft for handling purposes. I acutally upgraded the springs to 12k/18k. Handles like it's on rails. Love it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really? I feel like im catching air on the highway hahaha

·
Registered
560 Posts
what's your damper settings?? Reeses cars and I have been experimenting with these coilovers. Not scientifically, but to the best we can. Here's his video: Spring Comparison

·
Registered
33 Posts
3 clicks front and rear. Front loves to rebound like 3 times on a huge dip on the highway... Getting very annoying to the point I may take them off. What do you recommend (keeping in mind I have 8k in rear.)

·
Registered
560 Posts
oh wow really? My setting is at 35 front and 40 in the rears. I never found them bouncy. Once I upgraded the springs, then I was like ok they are a bit bouncy, but only on imperfect roads. You have it set 3 clicks from having it turned all the way counterclockwise correct? I think ride quality is subjective just like an exhaust setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes, 3 from all the way soft. May up it to 10 front and 4 rear. Thats insanity, your head must smash your roof on bad bumps!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ran it 36front and 36rear when I first got them and boy I hit one bad bump in the parkway and felt like I was getting launched into outerspace! haha

·
Registered
560 Posts
Man, I don't know what to tell you. I haven't used any other coilovers on this car.

LOL, yea, i know what you mean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is what it is... Ive ridden in other 9th gens with d2s and Ktuned k1 streets and they ride way better, Who knows lol

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I think the dampers on this kit are a good damper for street and track use. I wouldn't call them great. The issue you're having is rebound. I got the higher weight spring to help the situation, and it made a tremendous improvement on the car.

That being said, there's a guy that follows me on IG(my buddy Andrew, as I would call him), he replaced the GS springs with Swifts, but kept the weight the same. He said it was night and day. I noticed the springs on this kit can actually be slightly compressed by hand, and a 560/800lb spring should not do that.

This was just my experience and so far @15WhiteSi and my buddy Andrew.

You also have to find the dampening setting that you're happy with. I found that 35/40 was perfect for the track, 30/35 perfect for the road(for my taste). Limerock has some serious elevation changes, and the car for the most part felt glued to the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts