9th Gen Civic Forum banner

gold rpf1, hub centric rings and neo chrome muteki lugs

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
I've searched google and the forum and unless I'm wrong, it seems no one has gold rpf1 on a modern steel metallic color civic.

If anyone has one please post up a pic? I want to see how it looks before I buy it. I'm debating if I should get the silver or the gold. I really want the SBC finish but they don't have it for 17x9 +35. I was also getting the neo chrome lugs. Not sure if it would look janky with gold or silver wheels.

Also, would I need a hub centric ring with these wheels? My car is an sedan SE model.

Thanks!

Muteki SR48 Lug Nuts for 2015 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan SE

Enkei RPF1 Wheels for 2015 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan SE

#3 · (Edited)
I was thinking I'd go with gold since when I do see rpf1's in the wild, almost all of them are silver or white. On the other hand, I don't want the color combo of my car and the lugs to look weird or off, I want it to stand out or complement each other. You know how blue subbies with gold wheels look just right?

I'm still unfamiliar with the works of hub rings aside from its use for proper fitment in the hub. I did some research and concluded that plastic rings are better? I've also referred to your post on this thread:
Hub centric rings
and I do not know if Si's and non-Si's are different when it comes to wheel fitment.

But the website says:
"Hubcentric Rings: Not necessary if installed properly. The tapered aftermarket lug nuts this wheel accepts will automatically center the wheel if installed correctly (tighten each lug nut using a criss-cross pattern, usually to 80 lb-ft of torque each, and re-tighten each lug nut after about 100 miles of driving)."

And the bore size of the wheels aren't listed on the site I provided in my first post. Also, the muteki lugs look tapered to me too.

I found this on amazon, will it work? If not, could you direct me to the right product?
Amazon has 64.1 - 66.1 and 64.1 - 72.6

The bore size on the enkei website says this:
Part No | Finish | Size | Inset | Pattern | Bore | Weight | Face
3797906535SP17x9355x114.373N.AR

I'm not sure if this info is accurate with the specific wheels I'm getting.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Neochrome lugs on gold wheels could clash maybe go for a solid color? I use Neochrome lugs on my black RPF1 and silver PF01 and looks not bad though. Most "aftermarket" lug nuts will sit properly on RPF1 including anything Muteki I've also run black Muteki SR48 on my RPF1 and no issues at all. RPF1 bore is 73mm Civic hub is 64.1mm so you'll need a 73mm to 64.1mm sized hubcentric ring to seat the wheel properly. I recommend using plastic hubcentric rings because they are much easier to remove metal rings corrode onto the hub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.