9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here with a question about the green/blue bars in the dash display on both sides of the mph indicator. Just wondering if they're supposed to go back to green after an oil change. The owner's manual says they are indicators for good gas mileage. They were green when the car was bought brand new and went blue as the oil life decreased, but never turned green after the first oil change. How do you get them to back to green? No big deal but curious. At least they aren't pink or purple.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not sure I understand. These bars change with your mpg as you drive. The more efficiently you drive the more green they are. You can set them to stay static blue in the menu options for customization if the constant change is not to your liking. The oil life should have no bearing on this tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I know I can change the color of the dash lights and also know that the bars are for good gas mileage, but not sure why when the car was new, putting in a full tank of gas, cruising down the highway with cruise control, oil life at 80-100%, etc. the bars were green. After a short while, they remained a constant blue. Shouldn't they go back to green when gas tank is filled, oil changed and not smashing down the go pedal?

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I know I can change the color of the dash lights and also know that the bars are for good gas mileage, but not sure why when the car was new, putting in a full tank of gas, cruising down the highway with cruise control, oil life at 80-100%, etc. the bars were green. After a short while, they remained a constant blue. Shouldn't they go back to green when gas tank is filled, oil changed and not smashing down the go pedal?
They should be green any time you're not pressing the gas pedal very hard or just cruising. It should have nothing to do with gas tank fill or oil change.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Did you check in the menu and make sure it's not selected to not change colors. Other option is to disconnect the battery and reset. How is your gas mileage? Are you getting 10mpg?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,145 Posts
I turned that stupid blue-to-green thing off. They're always blue now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I did turn it off. No idea. Bet it was my wife. ;) I'm getting good gas mileage. Around 22-25mpg in town; I drive about 4 miles one way to work and running errands and on the highway I get about 46 mpg. I'll play with the lighting configurations and see if it goes back to green/blue like it was when I bought it. Oh, I usually drive with the Econ button on except when climbing hills due to power loss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@scottyrocks, how did you change the Eco coaching lights to stay blue? I have a 2015 Civic EX-L and can't find that in the settings, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
How can I upload a screen saver on my 2015 Hinda Civic? The option is there however it is greyed out. I am only able to select a clock as my screen saver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@scottyrocks, how did you change the Eco coaching lights to stay blue? I have a 2015 Civic EX-L and can't find that in the settings, thanks
Customize settings > Trip computer reset > Fuel efficiency backlight.

Changed mine after just a few days.
I tried this with my Honda today and it didn’t work?? My lights are still stuck on blue and it’s really annoying me 🙄

·
Registered
455 Posts
How can I upload a screen saver on my 2015 Hinda Civic? The option is there however it is greyed out. I am only able to select a clock as my screen saver.
I may be wrong but I believe you need to connect a USB drive to the car that has the image you want to load as your screensaver saved on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts