9th Gen Civic Forum banner

GREEN O.Z. Wheels

Tags
green wheels
15K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  GeorgeP922 
#1 ·
Just saw on tire rack that there's colored rims... I mean BRIGHT colored rims... I really love lime green and I saw these...

O.Z. Alleggerita HLT Green Painted

What do you guys think? I got a white Si coupe.. I've been looking for some rims for my car.. But since it's white, finding any colored rim may look a bit rice.. I love the blue ones with this same style, but I LOVE the green ones..

I wanna know, what's hot in the streets? What brand? What color? What size?

#2 ·
I think it would look pretty cool on a lowered car. Anything works with white.

I'd personal use a practical size like a 17x8, good overall traction and well-priced tires.

#3 ·
Great looking wheel. I love green, but not that green. But who cares what I think. If you love 'em, that's what counts.

#18 ·
I'd say it's worth a try. I like green, and the Si wheels look good in different colors, from what I have seen.

#19 ·
If I went green I would make the si badges green. Along with the civic and h badges and have a custom vtec sticker made also. I did that with my z28 and it was badass.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#22 ·
Sorry but I got to call you out Team3d.

Saying they are the same wheel, just made in different countries is either ignorant, or completely misinformed.
If you know something I don't please inform me.

To the rest of folks, the first and obvious difference here is the weight.

The OZ "Leggera" generation of wheels, with the Alleggerita, the one in question weighs only 15 lbs.

The other difference is the construction process is different. Almost all rims are made using gravity casting. The Alleggerita and some BBS wheel use spin casting, which is as close as you can come to forged strength and weight.

The Alleggerita paired with some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, and you will thank me.

Sorry for being a nerd here. 12 year VW owner (still am) and it’s a tuned TDI, so lightweight wheels really make a difference. My economy never changed, from 15, 16, 17, and 18.
Except for the OEM 15's I had for a year, the rest for spun cast rims (the 18"s were BBS RC made for the Jetta GLI)

As to OZ owning Sparco.

I am not sure who owns who. What I do know is that Tire Rack is 100% the sole importer of OZ wheels.
I also know that until 2011 ish OZ wheels where only made in Italy.
All of a sudden OZ's website provided they had "100$" wheels crappy cast wheels made in China.
As an OZ fanboy I accepted it as the brand would be out there more.
Around the same time Sparco appeared on Tire Rack too as well as a bunch of other brands that were just branded wheels.

The other day I was on the phone with someone in the wholesale dept (yes I am lucky), and I asked him: "Did Tire Rack build a factory in China, to build wheels for these brand names they got rights to (again I am assuming all these things) and he said no.

If you want quality wheels, I would go with OZ's sub 20lb wheels (the UltraLeggera are still available, cheaper but a pound heavier).
Enkei has some good stuff.
I think the best value, and its JDM is the Kosei line. Their 16" is only 130$ and its race quality.

For me, I am buying OZ Alleggerita for my new LX sedan. The car is Kona Brown and everyone tells me to get the gold ones. Right now Tire Rack has a sale on the gold version of the Alleggerita, as well as the anthracite (I own these 17x8 for my jetta).
I don’t really care what they look like, I honestly buy OZ only for the performance factor.
Also tires are SO important, never stray away from the Ultra High Perormance segement, I find the "touring" tires dangerous.

I am also buying a set of Kosei (Japanese) wheels, 16x.6.5, they are 13 lbs and only 130$

I hate to own two sets of wheels, but I get wholesale pricing, and can drive to Tire Racks Warehouse and save massively on shipping.

I will be getting the Alleggerita in oem 17x7 and the Kosei 16x6.5 with Michelin Pilot A/S.
I REALLY hope I don’t get a mpg drop. Physics and rotational mass blah blah would prove that either of my wheel tire combos are the lighter weight than the the steelies.

#24 ·
I changed my mind. I like the green on those wheels. A lot.

#25 ·
Quick opinion, I have the Kona Brown 2014. I am getting these wheels (as I already own them on my Jetta in Antracite). Generally Anthracite is the cheapest (no silver), then the color/painted ones are like 50$ more a wheel. Anyways, they have these in gold for 250 (wholesale price, but they are closeout anyways). Do you guys think the gold would stand the test of time (ie not look 100% cheesy in 5 years) The Kona brown is a lot darker than I hoped (I had fell love with VW's toffee brown), anyways, here are tire racks mockups Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
man they're small, anyways. opinions? always ride light and sticky!

#27 ·
I'd keep the tones in the same family - gold with brown.

#29 ·
If you want subtle, go black.

#31 · (Edited)
racing sparco wheels are made by oz, just like enkei, both are global brand & both are one of the largest wheel maker/supplier in the world.

they do not re-badge open mold wheels. all their cast wheel's tooling are design by oz itself & build by their own contractor. what oz & many brands are doing is they move the tooling to certain factory/location to reduce manufacturing costs (china).

and casting process will effect the price & weight of the wheels. to make light weight cast wheels like advan, enkei racing, weds sports, some bbs & some oz racing, they usually use gravity casting. cheaper way to make cast wheel is low pressure cast, which usually result heavier in weight.

#36 ·
Yeah, I don't get that whole rim against the fender setup, but hey, I don't have to drive it.

#37 ·
So did anyone ever get these green wheels because there was a ton of talk and it all faded FAST. I have a white sedan and was interested in green or orange because my previous car was a nhbp ep3 with hyper yellow konig kolors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.