9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 2013 Civic Si sedan about a week ago. Purchased it sight unseen. At the time there weren't any in the state of MI. Had to wait while it was sent up from southern Indiana but it was worth it. Coming out of a Mazda3 and previous to that a VW GLI. The Si seems to combine a lot of the positives from both with very little negative besides for the so-so sound system. I don't fit the demo for the car and I'm a little beyond the age for any mods but I'm always interested to read what others are doing to their cars. First time I'm driving a stick in 20+ years and I'm happy to say I've only stalled once. Waiting for the weather to clear up here in Michigan so I can finally stretch its legs.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Welcome to the site. You may be surprised at the demo this car attracts actually. I think the highest age 9th Gen Si owner is over 65. Glad to see you join us here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The transmission is great. Before getting the Si I test drove a 2013 Mazda3 manual. I thought the Mazda3 manual was sweet until I drove an Si. The clutch and shift action in the Si are superb. I've read that a lot of people don't like the switch to the 2.4L but for around town driving it can't be beat. Enough low end torque to get moving and high RPMs to have fun with. I'm still getting used to the separated dash but I do like the large tach on its own. The brakes seem a little touchy but I'm sure that'll just take a little time. Really enjoying the car.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Glad to see you're having fun in the new ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm surprised the fault you found is one of the strong points to me. The stereo looks like crap, but it is about the best sounding stock system I've heard. I wish I had gotten the Nav just to get rid of the hideous looking base stereo, but damn it sounds good. And I am a music connoisseur so I can appreciate a good sounding system. I had read that it was a weak point, but was pleasantly surprised when I bought my '12 Si Coupe yesterday. Hooked my Ipod up and have been jamming since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts