9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Civic LX sedan back in April. it's my first Civic and I love it. I am not into bolt-ons any longer, just great gas mileage. Glad to be here.:woowoo:

·
Banned
89 Posts
Hi and :welcome: to 9GC.com! Congrats on the new Civic, gotta love our gas mileage! :2thumbsup:

Are you in the United States Coast Guard? Once I make my decision, I may be joining as well.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9th!
Not into bolt-ons either, all about reliability and as mileage for me.
Good Luck with the new Civic!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something Positive for a Change

Just thought I would take a chance to say some positive things about my LX after 10,000 miles:

1. 40 mpg
2. Solid handling and quiet ride
3. The iMID and ipod control are great
4. Everything under the hood is nicely set up and easy to get to
5. Changing the oil is easy; filter next to drain plug and easy to get to
6. I LIKE the way it looks
7. It's a Honda

No problems, just enjoyment. I'm old enough to know when I bought the right car. I drive 55 miles each day and I have no complaints or regrets. To all of those that piss and moan about the car, you need hobby, or a girlfriend. Just enjoy what you bought. :happy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
*searches frantically for the "Like" button*

I wish my Si were a little bit quieter though. I came from a second gen Integra and that thing was very quiet compared to my Civic. My Integra was a 1990 model so it too went through a change for 91 due to poor reviews but I still enjoyed the car for 22 years. I'm hoping (and I'm pretty sure) that this car will also treat me as well.

I'm just wondering if I just got some better tires (and possibly dynamat my car), will what I personally think is "excessive road noise" go away.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm just wondering if I just got some better tires (and possibly dynamat my car), will what I personally think is "excessive road noise" go away.
I've read from others who have had the OEM hood and trunk insulators installed that it helps with the road noise.

Dynamat is a better solution I would think for the pricepoint, plus has additional liner for the door panels, roof, and underbody. College Hills Honda sells the factory Honda insulators if you prefer the grey OEM looking material instead of the branded Dynamat under the hood & trunk.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Greetings for the valley of the Sun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts