9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grinding noise when shifting up 1,2,3 or letting it rev down in those gears sounds like either a grinding noise or something in engine it happend like 3 months ago took it to honda dealer said nothing was wrong, it went away started again. I wonder if its the HID ballasts hitting something / vibrating, or TBS or if somethings majorly wrong? Any similar issues ? Taking it in on Saturday.

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Grinding noise when shifting up 1,2,3 or letting it rev down in those gears sounds like either a grinding noise or something in engine it happend like 3 months ago took it to honda dealer said nothing was wrong, it went away started again. I wonder if its the HID ballasts hitting something / vibrating, or TBS or if somethings majorly wrong? Any similar issues ? Taking it in on Saturday.

Can you possibly snag a video and catch this sound? From what you say I can't figure out your symptom very well.

The noise in the video that was posted is very common with Civics. I too have had that sound but not bad enough that you would hear the squeak at any time except while not moving or going into first gear. Once under way it was too quiet to notice at all. I remember calling it the drive thru noise because that is where I would notice it the most while getting fast food. :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took my car to the honda dealer. They did my ecu update. They said there was not an issue with my clutch the engine had less than a quart of oil in it. I let ntb do 2 oil changes it was not OW then i let honda change it. Now the car is brand new.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Oh my dam! less than a quart of oil total left in the engine!?? Hard to understand the rest of that reply, what is ntb? And this ntb did 2 oil changes but didn't use OW like they were supposed to?

Man I would be scared of the reliability of that engine now after being run with almost no oil for so long, didn't the low oil light come on?? Or do you mean it was one quart low and not one quart left?

·
Registered
249 Posts
NTB = National tire and Battery.. i wouldnt let them touch any of my cars with a 10 foot pole.. not even for tires!

using 5W instead of 0W weight oil can make the oil pump work a little harder.. if the engine only had 1 quart left im surprised the oil Pressure warning didnt come on when going around corners or such... thats not much oil!
-Christopher

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
The oil light should come on at 1.5 quarts low and full capacity is approximately 4.75 qts. Hard to believe it had only one quart in the engine and still ran at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts