9th Gen Civic Forum banner

ground control coilover sleeves vs. eibach springs

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  team3d 
#1 ·
Having a hard time deciding what to lower my car with. Kinda leaning towards springs but ground control coilover sleeves also caught my attention. What are you dropped on and why? Any complaints. Please help. I've been putting it off for months because I can't decide! Car season is coming and I wanna have it sitting pretty. :wigglesmiley:

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum girldriven. Make sure to use the search bar as there are many threads regarding different suspension setups for our cars.

IMO, coilover sleeves + stock struts = $$$ in the future. Eibach springs will already lessen the life of your struts so coilover sleeves (depending on how low you go) will only degrade their lifetime further. Pony up the money now and get some coilovers if you're looking to go low.

#4 ·
Coilovers are struts and springs paired together that are typically height and damper adjustable. They are more expensive but adjustable, and designed to be height adjustable without sacrificing the life of the unit.

Lowering springs are used in conjunction with stock struts, thereby increasing the work that the struts have to do being that the spring is carrying less of the load. They wear out struts a bit prematurely, though you'll usually get a decent life still.

With the sleeves you are adjusting the height of your car by adjusting the spring height, not the overall suspension like a true coilover will do. The strut will have to take on the extra weight.

Take a look at some of the other suspension threads to help you out.

As for my car, I was on D2 coilovers (were installed when i nought the car slightly used) but now im back to stock...well kinda. 2013 si sedan suspension on my 2012 si coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 · (Edited)
ground control can't hold alignment becaue it will always be loose, ground control use your car weight to hold the springs in place.

people praise ground control/koni becuase they like how linear springs + koni shocks feels....

back in the 80's & 90's all imports are using st springs (now own by kw).... it's known for it's linear lowering springs.

st springs + koni shocks are one of the most popular set up for old school hondas & vw's

also, most coil overs kit we see on the market now are all linear springs (coil over without helper springs)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.