9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group buy? Maybe if we buy enough we can get a deal cut on em. Who's in?

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Is there any modifications need to be done to use tray though? Or do I just remove stock and bolt up new?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: N8vSi

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Group buy? Maybe if we buy enough we can get a deal cut on em. Who's in?

Count me in if there's a group buy, SB do you think your custom CAI will work with this battery tray?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I do want to find out if the tray is direct bolt on or if they drilled those holes or something

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Looks like they didn't drill any holes, those are the holes that the stock battery tray mounts onto, but there is a possibility I could be wrong.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Ya I was looking at the pics and at my car but its hard to tell with the battery still in lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of i recall the conversation correctly Randy said no modification. Just bolt and go.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sweet! I was bout to pay 200$ for optima battery (yellow top of course) and 100$ summit relocate kit to put it in the trunk. So glad they are going to sell this kit. Saves me 200$ (est)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It does not appear that you have to modify anything.
Can I use the stock intake for time being with this tray though? Or will I have to wait to swap intakes. I know if its to much to the passenger side and lower it will interfere with the stock piping. From the looks of the picture I should be fine. But just wanted to clarify if randy would know or something.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I use the stock intake for time being with this tray though? Or will I have to wait to swap intakes. I know if its to much to the passenger side and lower it will interfere with the stock piping. From the looks of the picture I should be fine. But just wanted to clarify if randy would know or something.

You might have issuses cause the stock intake has a snorkel that runs right where the re locater goes

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You might have issuses cause the stock intake has a snorkel that runs right where the re locater goes

Well I'll still join group buy for your guys sake. I'll need it eventually when I get intake so might as well get a discount for it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'll still join group buy for your guys sake. I'll need it eventually when I get intake so might as well get a discount for it.

Awesome!! we need to set this up the right way than. Let me know when everyone is ready to buy in and I'll contact them.:woowoo:

Reactions: GloryRacing

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I think we need to ask them how many people we need to do a group buy. That way we have enough people before we go back to them, because right now I'm only seeing like 3 or 4 of us lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think we need to ask them how many people we need to do a group buy. That way we have enough people before we go back to them, because right now I'm only seeing like 3 or 4 of us lol

3-4 should be enough. I spoke with Randy and if my memory is correct our conversation was about ordering 3 or more and receiving a discount if I ordered in bulk. So before I re call the guy I need to know FOR SURE HOW MANY WILL BE ORDERED. :D
So please let me know. The faster we're all on the same page the faster we can get this great product.
I'm ready to order as of yesterday. Any one else?

Reactions: GloryRacing

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well so far 5 people want a tray.
1. SB2012SI
2. Privman
3. Rsx2Si
4. Japspecjohn
5. Paletero_man