9th Gen Civic Forum banner

821 - 840 of 867 Posts

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
is there a noticeable improvement going to truhart over stock shocks? does it help to get rid of some of the bouncyness or just make things even more stiffer?
It's a sport shock/ strut, so it's stiffer for sure. Doing it all over again, I would change out the shocks and struts at same time as springs. Much easier than taking it all apart again. If your miles are low, then most people wait and get full use of the OEM prior to upgrading the shocks and struts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's a sport shock/ strut, so it's stiffer for sure. Doing it all over again, I would change out the shocks and struts at same time as springs. Much easier than taking it all apart again. If your miles are low, then most people wait and get full use of the OEM prior to upgrading the shocks and struts.
i've got 15k miles on stock struts now with the H&R... just contemplating getting truharts or saving up for buddy clubs when they blow.. thanks for the info.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
You got another 15-25k miles probably. Will you be doing the install?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On these H&R for a week now (200+ mi) and I'm loving it. :eusa_dance:
11822899_10152884792675736_3437893870453432620_o.jpg

Reactions: ErlDzn

·
Registered
271 Posts
Can someone who's been running these for a long period of time(10k miles) chime in on the condition of their tires? Assuming you have got a proper alignment did you have any tire wear issues from the camber? I've had my experience with drop springs w/o a camber kit and I did find the inside of the tire to wear slightly faster than the outside, but that was on a different car. I'm aware toe has a more impact on tire wear, just wanted input from someone who has had these for some time. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
175 Posts
New to lowering my car, gonna get the H&R springs and need to know what camber kit to go along with the springs? Is it front and rear camber kit, or just the back? Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
New to lowering my car, gonna get the H&R springs and need to know what camber kit to go along with the springs? Is it front and rear camber kit, or just the back? Thanks
You don't need a camber kit. I've been lowered on H&R Springs for 25k miles, no problems. Camber kits are usually the same with each brand.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hows your tire wear going? Ive seen that the inner tire will be a lot more worn
It will wear out faster, but at the small amount of negativecamber that you receive in the rear it doesn’t affect it too much if you planon getting new tires in 2 or so years anyways. I’ve had the H&Rs in for6-7k miles now, tread wear is a little worse in the rear due to the camber but Idon’t see it being a problem until I reach about 20k miles. By that time I’malready going to be on new wheels and tires so I’m not worried.
If you plan on staying with the H&R’s and you want 0camber, then only get the rear camber arms, I would recommend Buddy Club camberarms or Skunk 2 camber arms. They cost more than your springs but worth it forthe quality of the product. If you plan on getting coilovers in the future, I wouldDEFINITELY recommend getting the rear camber arms sooner than later, as you’llneed them eventually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey whats up everyone! I have a question and hope I'm putting this in the right forum. I am lowered on H&R springs and am looking into getting a set of XXR 527. I'm looking at 17x8.25 +35 and from what i have read on here this should fit and not rub. My question is how big of a wheel could i get with little or no rubbing issues while lowered on H&R springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
H&R Sport Springs 2.jpg

Just got my H&R Sport Springs and they came with 2 F(R) Springs instead of F(L) and F(R). Should I be concerned or is it fine?

Edit: Just found out it won't work so I'm returning them. Shit sucks

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I received mine they said F(R) and F(L) and R(R) and R(L).

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have these springs installed on my car and I've been thinking about getting new wheels. I want to go with 18's but i want it to poke out a little bit more than stock. Anybody have any input on what width and offset I should look into? is it possible to get it to poke out a little bit more without having to worry about rubbing or getting a fender roll? I've been reading different threads and using the search bar but i just cant find a direct answer. Thanks for the help in advance.

this is the kind of look I like. I know im going to have a bigger wheel gap but i want it to stick out this far.
varr.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Could somebody help me out? I purchased these for my 2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L. The part number on the box is 51891-2 which is for the non-si coupes, but when I open the box and look at the springs themself, the part number on them is just 51891 without the "-2". Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
It looks like several retailers are using the p/n 519891 without the -2 to refer to the non-Si springs. Seems like it should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone had any problems with the HR springs after a while of install? any creaks, noises or bounciness

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to purchase the H&R springs for my Si Coupe. Has anyone had any issues with the stock shocks with the lowering springs? How is the ride quality? Appearance of drop? If anyone has a 2013 coupe with the stock wheels and these springs please post pictures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
installed mine on my 2012 si a couple months ago. rides pretty close to stock with the stock shocks just a bit stiffer. only noise i notice is when turning the wheel at very low speed which the the front top hats. im very happy with the purchase. looks great only wish i had done it sooner.

821 - 840 of 867 Posts