9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the fact that I ONLY buy my HID kits from DD as I have done for the past zillion years, I'd like to try something new this time with the UAE Headlights I just ordered.
The lowbeams call for H11 bulbs (leaving the highs stock for now) and I'm interested in these: H11 XML2 LED (pair)
Will these fit? I is there enough clearance behind the bulbs in our cars? Is there a current discount going on? What if they don't fit?

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Supporting Vendor
380 Posts
For sure. Would the projectors be more friendly to LED vs our factory housing?
LEDs are quite there yet for low-beam use

While the bulbs themselves produce decent lumen output, the focus isn't getting the hotspot where you need it to be. HIDs will still do a better job focusing the output in a projector style housing than an LED low-beam replacement.

I suggest checking out that thread link I posted if you have a moment. Our R&D team was pretty thorough in explaining these differences, and the pictures highlight the issues with LEDs.

Nick C.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LEDs are quite there yet for low-beam use

While the bulbs themselves produce decent lumen output, the focus isn't getting the hotspot where you need it to be. HIDs will still do a better job focusing the output in a projector style housing than an LED low-beam replacement.

I suggest checking out that thread link I posted if you have a moment. Our R&D team was pretty thorough in explaining these differences, and the pictures highlight the issues with LEDs.

Nick C.
So these LED's H11 XML2 LED (pair) - H11 and H11b - LED Bulbs - All Products won't work well with projectors. The pictures of them look great!
Bummer.

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They produce plenty of output, it won't be focused correctly though in the projector style housing. The same goes for every other PnP LED Low-beam kit that we've tested.

Nick C.
Got it. So for example in my wife's 2011 Hyundai Tucson LED's would work well since they are non-projector headlights with 9003 bulbs? (By the way, how does the Low?High beam function work in this case?)
I will be ordering my HID kit (and possibly LED kit for above) as soon as there is a sale.

·
Supporting Vendor
380 Posts
Got it. So for example in my wife's 2011 Hyundai Tucson LED's would work well since they are non-projector headlights with 9003 bulbs? (By the way, how does the Low?High beam function work in this case?)
I will be ordering my HID kit (and possibly LED kit for above) as soon as there is a sale.
In general, LEDs aren't quite there yet for low beam use in a reflector or projector style housings. The LEDs aren't going to utilize either housing effectively, and won't focus the output where it's needed.

While it will appear bright and have the nice white color, it's not going to project very far onto the road.

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts