9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg

well.. thats one way to ruin my day. i kept hoping it was just a dream...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i bout puked up my chex mix....ugh... bitter bro...

Reactions: CivicSiFtw

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd just washed it and i was pulling it into the garage so the sun didnt dry it and leave spots. I didnt pull in far enough to shut the garage door so i just needed to pull up a little. So i just opened my door and had my right foot on the clutch to pull forward a few inches but when it kept rolling i couldnt get to the brake to stop it from hitting a railing and i panicked and popped the clutch to get the the brake and hit the railing even harder..... fml.

·
Registered
128 Posts
damn don't drive stick don't understand what happen... understand your pain though...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it evaluated today... Gonna be almost $900 to get it back to new.. so much for my rims..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry man, that sucks! Accidents happen though, just be glad no one got hurt...Si is fixable

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry man, that sucks! Accidents happen though, just be glad no one got hurt...Si is fixable

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Haha thats what my stepdad keeps tellin me.. workin at hannaford to pay for a stupid mistake and not mods makes me sick though hah..

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Damnn that blowsss man... shiet

·
Registered
241 Posts
damn don't drive stick don't understand what happen... understand your pain though...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Basically, when a manual vehicle is on and you have the clutch down, if you just pop it up while at a slow roll/stop without hitting the gas, the vehicle cuts off but jumps forward in the process...what he meant by he ended up hitting it harder is exactly that, the clutch forced it into it, whereas the slow roll may have just bent it in a little with some scratching, possibly...who knows what would've happened

OP: Sorry to hear it, man...some bad luck, but like others have said, better the car than a person :) Accidents happen and can be fixed, so keep your head up and slowly get the issue resolved :) Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man. Just playing it over in my head theres so many ways i could have avoided it if i thought fast enough. Turned it off.. pulled the ebrake.. put it in neutral.. GAH hah

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
man I'm sorry :[ HEY shit coulda been worse tho right? :shrug: what if u hit something and ur whole car just blew up. SHit I woulda hang myself for that lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts