9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came into my car this morning and realized the plastic button cap on the parking brake has broken off. I can still push the button in and lower the lever to disengage the brake, but now it's an uncomfortable metal piece that I'd rather get covered. Has this happened to anybody and does anybody know where I could find the piece? I'll post a picture later if you don't know what I'm talking about but it's just a small plastic cap piece about the size of an average big toe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks for the advice. I was hoping there would be a way to avoid going to a dealer (because the nearest one is in a busy part of town), but I will do that for sure. I will correct myself though the inside is really just a hard plastic rather than metal. I'll make it work until I get to a dealer. Here are a couple pictures for anybody curious what I meant exactly.
photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
929 Posts
So wait....Doesn't it just snap right back in? Im sure you tried that though, doesnt make sense that it popped out but wont pop back in lol. There are other ways to get it to stay in there but I dont think they would look as nice as a dealer actually fixing the problem.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Looks like it's a 100 dollar part... time for a trip to the dealer.
Save a trip, call the dealer and see if they will order the part first.

Make sure the dealer has the interior color code, so they order the correct part.

Part#: 47105-TR0-P81ZB
lever assy., parking brake *nh571l*
Color: (BRIGHT SILVER)
Emission: KA - US Market Spec
Origin: CN1
001$109.13

·
Photoshop Masta
2,728 Posts
Looks like it's a 100 dollar part... time for a trip to the dealer.
Save a trip, call the dealer and see if they will order the part first.

Make sure the dealer has the interior color code, so they order the correct part.

Part#: 47105-TR0-P81ZB
lever assy., parking brake *nh571l*
Color: (BRIGHT SILVER)
Emission: KA - US Market Spec
Origin: CN1
001$109.13
I found it for $80 just by googling the part number....but damn, that's A LOT! Better off taking a trip to the dealer, I'm sure it's a warranty item.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There was somebody else on here that had the same thing happen, can't remember who it was.
Guess who.

It broke off on my 2012 Si coupe at around 2,000 miles if I remember correctly. I was able to wedge it back in there to engage/disengage it, and Honda took care of it, no questions asked - under warranty, when I brought it in for service.

But honestly, beyond that button breaking off on my 2012 and the knobs 'loosening', I really never had any issues with wear and tear on the interior. That's definitely going to be one accolade for the 2012's plastic - everything seems softer on the 2013, even the hard plastics. I somehow scratched the plastic near the 'change cup' on the driver's side door panel and I'm baffled as to how. The 2013's might have a nicer interior depending how you look at it, but the wear and tear will be the downside, in my opinion. Its also much harder to clean, as I'm coming to find lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine like that and took mine to dealer.
They covered with new hand brake lever part under warranty!
Paid nothing and got new hand brake and came home!!1 :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
The trick to not breaking it is to lift the handle slightly before pushing the button. That takes all the pressure off of it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mine popped off @ about 10k miles. was able to just put it back in but it occasionally pops off here and there and I just put it right back in :D

I don't like bringing it to the dealer....if I am not sitting there waiting for my car and tell them not too (which I never do, I always drop it off then go back to work) they do their "famous hand wash" and fubar my paint every time xD

I remember one time I brought it in for a tire change and actually HAD to sit and wait. After they changed their tire the service dude came up to me in the waiting room and I shit you not said "Ok, the tire is all done it's just in line for a hand wash and you'll be good to go, it will only be another 45 minutes or so.

LOL...I promptly said heeeeeeeellllllllllllll no don't do that!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine popped off @ about 10k miles. was able to just put it back in but it occasionally pops off here and there and I just put it right back in :D

I don't like bringing it to the dealer....if I am not sitting there waiting for my car and tell them not too (which I never do, I always drop it off then go back to work) they do their "famous hand wash" and fubar my paint every time xD

I remember one time I brought it in for a tire change and actually HAD to sit and wait. After they changed their tire the service dude came up to me in the waiting room and I shit you not said "Ok, the tire is all done it's just in line for a hand wash and you'll be good to go, it will only be another 45 minutes or so.

Every service I told them the same "Please, don't wash the car" and they look like "Wtf is wrong with you"... And then I've to explain how I spend 2 hours washing my CBP... Two buckets ftw.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Every service I told them the same "Please, don't wash the car" and they look like "Wtf is wrong with you"... And then I've to explain how I spend 2 hours washing my CBP... Two buckets ftw.
Same thing happens to me when I tell whoever that I don't want a car wash and they look at me like I'm crazy lol. The Mazda dealer where I use to take my wife's car for servicing offered free car washes for anybody who bought their car there and that place was frickin busy with people rolling up dropping their keys off for a car wash.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
La de da . . . why is it, again, that I stay out of dealerships as much as possible . . . hmmm, woooo hooooooooo, nyuk nyuk nyuk . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
The button cap on my car is broken as well - the button broke inside the brake lever which causes it to fall out all the time. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they are ordering a whole new parking brake lever under warranty. The tech said that this seems to be fairly common; they had one just last week.

I'm glad it'll be replaced, but I'm worried that when they take the centre console out to replace the lever they will break some clips and it will never be as tight fitting again. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The button cap on my car is broken as well - the button broke inside the brake lever which causes it to fall out all the time. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they are ordering a whole new parking brake lever under warranty. The tech said that this seems to be fairly common; they had one just last week.

I'm glad it'll be replaced, but I'm worried that when they take the centre console out to replace the lever they will break some clips and it will never be as tight fitting again. :unsure:
I just looked at the procedure, per the online service data, and it's pretty benign.
The only clips, are holding the shifter surround bezel, to the console.
All other, console, attachment points are secured by screws...

So, there should be no problems with rattles.

·
Registered
674 Posts

Last time I was in for service, the service writer said "All finished up, the detailer's just gonna give it a quick wash and you'll be good to go." I go up to pay and the service writer comes right back out and hands me my keys, and says "the detailer didn't want to wash your car, he was scared he would get it dirty hahaha, so he just cleaned the outside windows!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts