21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,081 Posts
haha, that's priceless.^ :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there DIY to change the e-brake? I've tried searching, but could not find one. I would like to swap it out with an aftermarket one for better grip

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as "Alwaysasleep" but mine is 2014 Civic. I can not find a Parking Brake Handle for 2014. If you know where to buy please let me know.

Have it been determined if this is included in the warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem. Unfortunately mine is used and over 100k miles so little chance of warranty.

I use the handbrake a lot since I have a manual and often leave the car running w/ hazards on for 1-2 minutes at a time since I deliver for Doordash. Still, not dropping $100 for the entire lever assembly for one damn button. I still have it for now, only thing I'm really worried about is losing the button since it slips out of place easy now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same problem. Unfortunately mine is used and over 100k miles so little chance of warranty.

I use the handbrake a lot since I have a manual and often leave the car running w/ hazards on for 1-2 minutes at a time since I deliver for Doordash. Still, not dropping $100 for the entire lever assembly for one damn button. I still have it for now, only thing I'm really worried about is losing the button since it slips out of place easy now.
If you happen to have a 3D printer or know someone who does, try this:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:806806

Takes about 1.5 hours to print and way cheaper (only ~8 grams filament).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts