9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just installed my Hasport rear motor mount on my 15 Si. There appears to be gaps between the plate and the engine (pic 2,3) while the center hole is perfectly aligned (pic 1). Everything has been hand tightened for future adjustment. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Was the engine held up by a jack when you installed it? If not, it would have "fallen" a little, and you probably will need to lift it a little to tighten it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine was supported when I installed it. So It didn't move at all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure then... I don't recall mine having a gap like that though. I'll see if I can take a look under there and see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I just place a few washers in between? because there's no wiggle room at all.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Try untightening it and doing the every other method for tightening the bolts. Easier when two people are doing the install where one is pulling the engine so to say and one is tightening. Also, tighten the bolt that goes through the frame first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install complete. I lifted the engine a little while pulling it towards the back of the car. the gaps were gone. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts