9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone.. it's been awhile, been too busy with work lately.

I finally caved and bought my girl a ring, so with having to pay for a wedding and with us moving in August and looking to buy a house I have to sell my baby :( Just need to get rid of this payment because it would free up quite a bit extra every month.

Since the car is so new I haven't been able to find reliable blue or black book numbers at all, all KBB has is numbers for the 2012 LX/EX and NADA isn't much help either. What do you guys think a 2012 Si Sedan is worth with the following:

2012 TW Civic Si Sedan
Purchased: 11/30/2011
Mileage: 13,500
Adult owned, garage kept, non smoker.
Only options that I know of is the all-weather trunk liner.

Mods (not that they add value):
Hondata ECU Reflash
JDM Red H emblems
20% 3M Carbon Tint all around
DC5-R center caps

Oil changed every 4k with M1 0w40 and an OEM honda filter.

So... opinions please?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
17-18k sounds about the right range to me. Sell me your center caps since they won't add to your resale value at all. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
The center caps and red emblems will bring down the value so I would take those off and go back to stock. I would say around $18,000-$19,000 if you sell it on your own.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
keep the car and start eating noodles...that will save you $$$.

Hate to see you go man.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
What do you plan on driving once you sell? I'm with T_Virus...try and save elsewhere if at all possible..

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Aww this is a sad thread! :pout: In Canada you could get 22k~ for a used Si with even 20 000km. Would be very sad to lose it tho :(

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I think we would all be sad for you bamathrasher! :sad:...I would anyways.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Do u want to sell the hondadata? Sux it has to go that way.. But we've all been there one time or another..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:( :(

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback.

This is really tough because I feel that selling a 2012 car private party is going to be near impossible since Hondas retain their value so well the person could just run out and buy a new 2013 for a few thousand more. I've tried to come up with cheaper alternatives that can still be bought on a lot somewhere and there is nothing that I would rather own/drive right now in the same price or less, that's saying a lot coming from a former car ***** like me. I love this car and love the 9th community, you guys are awesome.

The plan is to sell my baby and my father has generously offered for me to drive his beater 2001 Blazer for a couple months to save up and pay cash for something. I'm looking for EM1 Si's or 98-01 Integras, because you can buy them in great shape for <5k. It will suck now for sure.. going from a brand new car that only I've owned and know how well taken care of to a 12 year old "mystery" car.

The problem is I was upside down coming into this, I had a 50K vehicle that I thought was worth about 33k and I was into it for 27k, the new generation came out and the value plummeted and I got out of it for 25k. So I carried that negative equity into my Si which of course made me upside down on it and my payment is over $400/mo. Getting rid of that will make me basically debt free. I figure in a few years I can have some fun playtoys again, like my ITR I've always wanted.

As for the parts on my car, I'm down for swapping emblems/center caps. Hondata can't be moved, it's the reflash not flash pro so it's tied directly to my ECU. I'll PM you guys.

·
Registered
182 Posts
$400 a month doesn't seem that high after carrying over negative from a previous vehicle, I pay closer to $500 and got .9%.

I'm sorry to hear about having to sell, it's a big bummer. I know the feeling, bought a ring a little over a year ago, moved from Maryland to Florida a month later and the wedding is this August. Very tight for money in those situations. I wish you all the best!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hey finally. Someone else that pays 500$ per month... Lol. I got 2.5% but had to carry some $ from my accord over to my Si.. I'd do what ever I had to do to keep my car.. But I do understand what your going through.. I had the same situation about 3 years ago!! Just glad I didn't have the Si then.. ??

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Wishing you the best BAMA, it's tough to give up something you love, but it will all work out in the end:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
When I traded my 2012 ex for my 2012 si the Honda Dealer gave me $19000 for trade in. They wanted to give me less but I was able to get $19000 out of them. Hope this helps! The car had about 18000 miles on it and I had the car for a 1 year 1/2.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
When I traded my 2012 ex for my 2012 si the Honda Dealer gave me $19000 for trade in. They wanted to give me less but I was able to get $19000 out of them. Hope this helps! The car had about 18000 miles on it and I had the car for a 1 year 1/2.
wow you got really good value.

best of luck to you bama and congrats!

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Whats up everyone.. it's been awhile, been too busy with work lately.

I finally caved and bought my girl a ring, so with having to pay for a wedding and with us moving in August and looking to buy a house I have to sell my baby :( Just need to get rid of this payment because it would free up quite a bit extra every month.

Since the car is so new I haven't been able to find reliable blue or black book numbers at all, all KBB has is numbers for the 2012 LX/EX and NADA isn't much help either. What do you guys think a 2012 Si Sedan is worth with the following:

2012 TW Civic Si Sedan
Purchased: 11/30/2011
Mileage: 13,500
Adult owned, garage kept, non smoker.
Only options that I know of is the all-weather trunk liner.

Mods (not that they add value):
Hondata ECU Reflash
JDM Red H emblems
20% 3M Carbon Tint all around
DC5-R center caps

Oil changed every 4k with M1 0w40 and an OEM honda filter.

So... opinions please?
Congrats man!
Priorities priorities...
If you ask me any Si is priceless. If I win the loto I pay it off for ya.
Maybe the two of you could just live in the car, you do have the all weather trunk liner; just fold down the seats! Ehhh my wife says that won't work...

All joking aside, you're gonna love being married. And I'm serious, if I win the loto you're home free.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I would consider selling you my '00 Si but you have to come to Michigan for it! One owner and only 230,000 miles on her. We can work those centercaps into the trade probably.

Congrats on getting married.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts