9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So I've been having an issue with my car randomly misfiring and losing power and I'm hoping someone might have an idea where to start with diagnosing and tracking down the problem. I have a 13 si sedan. Injen intake, full race catless dp, 70a hasport rear mount, Flashpro and tune.
So now the first time was about 2 weeks ago I was on the interstate cruising half throttle and it get as if I just took my foot off the gas as the car lost power and wouldn't accelerate. Engine light was flashing. I pulled over immediately and shit if off and started her back up and the light was gone and car ran fine. Plugged it in later and got 2 codes pictures below for system too lean the secondary o2 sensor. Cleared them and went away. Roughly a week later pretty much the same thing. Cruising half throttle and flashing engine light and loss of power. This time codes were different including misfires in cylinders 1 and 2 along with 2 other undefined codes.
Anyone have any idea based on that Ido what could be going wrong? I'll also add that roughly a couple weeks before the first incident my downpipe cracked and started giving me solid engine light for emissions until it was rewelded and back to normal.
I've heard a lot of things from different people saying to could be the MAF sensor. Or possibly still a dp issue. Or maybe even coilpack or spark plugs.
I do have a scanner I can monitor live data with if that might help me find where the issue is? I myself just don't know what the proper and healthy numbers are and what category's to look in. I'm debating putting on stock dp and flashing back to stock if all else fails and having dealership diagnose. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
As a side note, it seems that lots of people have had issues with the Full Race downpipes cracking at welds.

The one I bought had been sent back by original owner and rewelded by Full Race.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a side note, it seems that lots of people have had issues with the Full Race downpipes cracking at welds.

The one I bought had been sent back by original owner and rewelded by Full Race.
I knew that was possible if I didn't have a rear motor mount but made sure to get one. Not even 2 months before it cracked anyway. Bad. more than half way around the pipe. I wasn't happy after contacting them and them not saying much other than giving me an address and saying they'd reweld and send back. Wouldn't send a new one. Since it's my daily had it welded at a local shop for 50 bucks and back on all in one day instead of paying to ship it and then have to wait to get it back.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Did they tig-weld it? Or mig?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you have a cold air intake, It's a possibility you sucked some water. Either from rain or just a simple car wash. Take your tubing off right at the throttle body. Check if you see water. If so dry it throughly and reset ecu. I'm speaking from experience LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts