9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I replaced the OEM low-beam headlights with a HID kit and had no issues with it until a couple days ago when my driver's side bulb went out with what seemed to be a ballast issue. I contacted the company I bought them from and they have sent me a new ballast, but I'm going on a trip tomorrow so I had to swap the OEM lights back in, only to find out that not even the standard bulb would turn on!

My best guess is that it's some kind of wiring issue, does anyone know how to diagnose/fix this??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT - Replaced the fuse and it fixed the issue with the OEM bulb, put my HIDs back on and blew the next fuse instantly. Any reason why this would all of a sudden happen after working fine for several weeks?

·
Registered
334 Posts
EDIT - Replaced the fuse and it fixed the issue with the OEM bulb, put my HIDs back on and blew the next fuse instantly. Any reason why this would all of a sudden happen after working fine for several weeks?
I guess the problem was quality of the HID system itself. I have my HIDs on for 4 months now but no singles issues whatsoever from the time it was installed, i.e. no flickering, no unusual dash lights, no warm-up issues, focused beam. I bought mine from "theretrofitsource.com", the source for popular projector headlight retrofitters like Lightwerkz, Customlightz, etcetera... For 12th gen civic, I got the morimoto elite hid system which incl. 2OEM 35W ballasts, 2HID bulbs (choice of 4300, 5000, 6000...) and heavy duty relay harness for protection, simply pnp. Good quality and you get what you pay for. Where did you get your HID kit anyways...check their website for further info... Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts