9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have seen a few listed posts from a few years back. Headlight overlays look really cool with the chrome look on a coupe, however I am afraid of the attention it would bring to my car with cops. For anyone who has done this to their coupe or sedan have you had an issue with the cops? I am in VA, I know someone who did something like this to their 8th gen and had no issues I might try it but want to see the experience of others on here first. If nobody knows I think I can try and contact my local station.
This is what I’m referring to: https://grfxp.myshopify.com/products/headlight-overlays-for-9thgen-honda-civic-coupe-2014-2015

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is every state is different so I would suggest to search for your state regarding headlight overlays for the best answer
thanks I will keep doing that. I only know one person who told me their friend had these on their civic and had no issues but I work in a high traffic police area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think you already have the answer, for me I would rather be safe than sorry especially in the high traffic police are like you said. From the link that you posted, it looks like the chrome option headlight overlays especially during the day time will reflect from the sun and dangerously blinding oncoming cars unless you opted for the transparent option

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you already have the answer, for me I would rather be safe than sorry especially in the high traffic police are like you said. From the link that you posted, it looks like the chrome option headlight overlays especially during the day time will reflect from the sun and dangerously blinding oncoming cars unless you opted for the transparent option
thank you, yes I decided to not get them at all. Not worth the risk. I want to upgrade my headlights but I need to find something for the 2014 coupe, I’m only seeing spec d and other brands make headlights for 2012-2013 coupes.

·
Registered
748 Posts
thank you, yes I decided to not get them at all. Not worth the risk. I want to upgrade my headlights but I need to find something for the 2014 coupe, I’m only seeing spec d and other brands make headlights for 2012-2013 coupes.
Checkout precision workz they do custom retrofiting for all years and anything you want pretty much. Can get pricey but its quality and your own custom set

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in VA, and I had yellow fog light overlays and cops had no issues with me, but I could not pass state inspection because it is actually illegal to have colored overlays on lights (I think for VA. Other states may vary.)
I've seen others with darker headlights, but I don't see them get pulled over. I'm stock power-wise so I don't really stick out in terms of speed/sound, and I don't intend to as VA cops can be...not so nice.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Hey all. I have seen a few listed posts from a few years back. Headlight overlays look really cool with the chrome look on a coupe, however I am afraid of the attention it would bring to my car with cops. For anyone who has done this to their coupe or sedan have you had an issue with the cops? I am in VA, I know someone who did something like this to their 8th gen and had no issues I might try it but want to see the experience of others on here first. If nobody knows I think I can try and contact my local station.
This is what I’m referring to: https://grfxp.myshopify.com/products/headlight-overlays-for-9thgen-honda-civic-coupe-2014-2015
Why not just drive to your local police substation and ask them? Asking a public forum if you can get away with trying to potentially break a law makes no sense whatsoever. Most laws exist to protect US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts