9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Heated seats

20K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  kratos2006 
#1 ·
heated seats?

i'm from norcal and it's been cold.. not as cold as usual, but i was sitting in my friends camry and he had heated seats it felt so nice. i was wondering if there's a way to install that into the civics. it seems like if it is possible it'd be a pain to do, but i'm just wondering if this is possible.

#11 ·
:question: I didn't know we had heated seats...:eusa_think:

#13 ·
Wha???? So our top of the line Si, doesn't have this?

#14 ·
The reason that on the leather seats that the the back is not heated on the passenger side is because of the OPDS (Occupant Position Detection System) Something that I am sure your salesman didn't tell you about, because as a Honda Salesman myself, I can tell you that I am the only one at my dealership that actually knows my product info (pat on the back)

The opds actually can tell how tall someone is that is sitting in the seat and if they are seated properly or if they are sitting skewed. Basically, let's say that the passenger is leaning their head out the window. in that case, it is actually more dangerous for the side curtain airbags to deploy (by design or accidentally) because the force coming down on someones head could break their neck. What the OPDS does is tell the airbag system that the passenger is not seated square in the seat and deactivates the side curtain airbag until they are seated properly again. (As someone wit a 9th gen myself, and a wife that likes to take jackets off in the car or change shirts, I have this happen all the time.) It also is used for the purpose of making sure someone is tall enough to have the front passenger airbag activated or not. Normally there is just a weight sensor in the bottom of the seat (you know...put a gallon of milk and some other stuff on the passenger seat and you get that annoying "passenger airbag deactivated" imid screen) It normally is for deactivating the airbag if a child under a certain weight is sitting up front. The OPDS adds extra security for lighter weight tall people by confirming that even though the person might be lighter in weight (Like a dainty 5 foot 2 adult woman) that they are indeed still tall enough to warrant keeping the airbag activated instead of deactivated. Adding heating elements to the back would screw up that system, or if they did, it would cost more (Obviously Accords with OPDS and heated seats have it, but they cost more)

The more you know.

#18 ·
Retrofit Heated Seats

Is there anyone who has done this on 9th gen Civics?

#20 ·
Yeah, I saw the instruction of modifying the 8th, but I haven't seen anyone working on 9th.

#21 · (Edited)
2013 Civic Si HFP - Heated Seats? LCD Temp Controls?

Watch from the 3 minute mark.What's up with the temperature controls? LCD Screen? Do I see heated seat controls?Is this like the 2012 Si concept with the cool center muffler, led fog light strips, etc - that dont make it in to the production model? Or are these legitimate additions to the HFP version of the Si?

#27 ·
Just got my SI2013 SEDAN 3 weeks ago.. NAVI with Back-Up Camera,Heated Seats,LCD climate Control all come as standard equipment on candian SI... thats about the only good thing we get here in Canada!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.