9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just got a fresh 2012 Civic Coupe EX-L w/Navi! The color is Polished Metal Metallic with gray leather inside. I must say, I'm already loving my Civic.

Check out the pic to see my old ride compared to the new one. Side-by-side comparison from the front.

Glad to be a part of the community!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got to agree with you Talon. The 9th Gen is definitely sportier looking. I think the white plastic adds some pop to the car, lol.

As far as mods, the first thing I'll be doing is tinting the windows. I'm going to see if they will put a strip of tint at the top of the windshield as well.

The leather is very nice and comfortable. I'll have to do some research on how to maintain leather, since I've never had leather in a car before.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
seems like most people here are going with a 35% tint and there shouldnt e a issue doing a tint visor either....i have one on my car and love it!

as for the leather, its pretty simple, you just need a good leather conditioner. im sure you seen car's that have cracked and ripped leather after years of use, its looks all dry and rotted. thats becuase leather dry's out and you have to keep it conditioned, especially in places like texas where it gets really hot! I condition the leather in my Raptor about once a month or so......you should really check out this thread here :)

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-general-chat/874-leather-cloth.html

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome to the 9th. congrats on your purchase

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Talon! I can't wait to get the windows tinted. I won't feel so exposed when I'm driving down the road, lol.

Thanks for the leather tips! It get furiously hot here in Houston/Katy. I'll be sure to stock up on leather conditioner.

Thanks for the welcome T Virus and creation!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Thanks Talon! I can't wait to get the windows tinted. I won't feel so exposed when I'm driving down the road, lol.

Thanks for the leather tips! It get furiously hot here in Houston/Katy. I'll be sure to stock up on leather conditioner.

Thanks for the welcome T Virus and creation!
anytime brotha! let us know if we can help with anything else.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Looks so nice man. My car is exactly like the one to the left of yours, the 8th gen model. I love mine, but this comparison clearly shows how much stronger the new front looks.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome man, the 9th gen looks alot better next to the 8th. I always thought the 8th Gen coupe looked either great or terrible depending on color. You have one of the colors i liked though, but the upgrade looks nice, oh and im digging the white vinyl on it...keeps it cooler down in the hot sun, right? :wigglesmiley:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
congrats on the upgrade man welcome to the 9th!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey MikeWa, I wish I could have kept the white vinyls. Dealer took them off though. LOL!

All joking aside, I'm a big fan of the Polished Metal Metallic as well. I loved the '09 and higher 8th gens. The front bumper redesign looked much better than the '06-'08 8th gens. No offense to any '06-'08 owners.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
congrats! i'm surprised the ex-l doesn't come with fogs.
Yeah, the EX-L probably would have come with fog lights pre-installed, but I got mine right of the deliver truck before any additional accessories such as splash guards, door edge guards, or window tint found their way on the car.
I can always get them later and install them myself. I love projects like that anyways.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A milestone (pun intended)

So today I just rolled over 20,000 miles ok my ex-l coupe. I have had it for exactly one year today! Happy birthday Civic! May you keep on keepin' on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts