9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm the new proud owner of an Urban Titanium Metallic 2012 Honda Civic LX that hasn't even been built yet! I've always loved the Civics, but have never had the privilege of owning one... or any new car for that matter.

So yeah, I'm pretty much dying while I wait for it to arrive. Hopefully the dealership is right when they say it'll be by the end of the month. So in the mean time, I thought I'd register here!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modifications Help?

So I'm awaiting the arrival of my 9th Gen Civic, and am thinking of all the things I'll want to do to it. I've never had a new car to put any money into like this, so I could use some experienced advice if anyone can spare the time. So, these are my two top priorities:

1.) SOUND. I have an LX, so the audio is going to be terrible. I mainly listen to alternative and indie type stuff, but I'll occasionally listen to heavy electronic stuff with some bass, so I'd like for it to sound as good as my limited budget would allow. So any advice on amps and speakers? Luckily I'm a Geek Squad Agent at Best Buy so I can probably buy the car audio guys some lunch and pay them $20 or something for installs to save me a little money, plus our discount is killer.

2.) Window tints. Again, I'll get a really good discount through work so I'm planning to get everything done, but what are some suggestions as to darkness? I want it to be as dark as possible without losing any visibility at night. Also, I'm just throwing this out there, but what about color tinting?

Keep in mind I AM on a budget, so if anyone knows some products with good prices, that'd be even better. Any other additions/modification suggestions would be great too. I'm all ears if anyone is willing to help a fellow 9thgenner out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Personally when it comes to sound, Id just upgrade the speakers, no need for a kicker or anything, when it's comes to tint. I'd probally get 15% on the back and back rears. It's not a limo tint but it makes backing out less of a pain at night

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Bought a black LX and some mods on a budget would be nice...

My interests would be (for now)....
-sound
-lighting
-tint
-performance (if anything is available for an lx)

·
Registered
399 Posts
theres basically no performance that you can do except a throttle spacer,
lighting can be done cheap as long a you buy upgrade halogens, tint is a must, and i'd ask around about the sound

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally when it comes to sound, Id just upgrade the speakers, no need for a kicker or anything, when it's comes to tint. I'd probally get 15% on the back and back rears. It's not a limo tint but it makes backing out less of a pain at night
Thanks for the suggestions! For tints, 15% sounds good for back and back rears, maybe 25. As for the front, it looks like I'll be going 50% seeing as my state's max is over 40% :(

Now speakers... I've been looking into this for hours now x_x I may just be getting too into shopping around, but I think I've decided to replace all 6 of the speakers, and possibly put in a sub or two... An advanced car audio installation through Geek Squad Automotive is $70, but my discount would probably get me half off for $35 so I'd probably just end up doing that. Although audio is the most significant to me right now, I'll probably end up waiting til Christmas to perform a complete overhaul on it.

If I do that, I can just purchase smaller upgrades such as tints and lights until then... Oh, the possibilities!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good idea... Now it looks like the first thing I'm going to do is add some WeatherTech floor mats. They're expensive, but it seems they're the best. For about half the price I can go into AutoZone and pick up some similar ones, but they don't mold and fit in a way that covers the floors completely. Being that I live in Louisiana, There's a lot of dirt, mud, gravel, etc that I have to worry about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Star Wars!

Are there any other Star Wars fanatics out there other than me? I'm not-so-patiently awaiting the arrival of my LX so I can promptly slap a Mandalorian skull wallpaper on the I-MID, with a matching decal on the outside.

I also can't wait for the BluRays to come out, mainly because of the new commentary... NOT for the ridiculous additions.

And of course, I'm an avid member of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community. Us members are turning on each other a bit right now, since we're all growing more and more anxious for the announcement of a release date.

I browse wookieepedia for hours reading about the Expanded Universe and lore. I also watch one of the movies 2 or 3 times a week.

SO, what about you guys? Anyone a big fan like me, or just meh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I'm in Ontario Canada and our winters get pretty messy.... not sure if the Honda mats would be sufficiant enough... I really don't want to spend 200+ on the at but you do what u gotta do...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still running the TIE fighter targeting computer image on my iMID, so I generally qualify. Not to the point I have 'Trooper armor (I'm a better shot than that), but still a fan.

And Han shot first.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Black or Urban Titanium Metallic!?!?!?

I just got a call from the dealership today, and they said a Crystal Black Pearl just arrived, but I've been waiting on an Urban Titanium Metallic, not just because I liked the urban, but because they said that was the first one coming in. Now I'm faced with a decision. Do I get the black or wait another month and a half for the urban!?!?!? I have to make the decision soon because it may get sold today, so I don't even know why I"m posting this because it probably won't get any responses by the time I decide...

The ONLY thing with the black is that it will show dirt easier, not to mention any scratches and whatnot... Someone help me out here? lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts