9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Quite a dilema you have there gman_civic. Keep workin on the wife and seal the deal on a day she is in a great mood. Ultimately, since you will be doing 98% of the driving in the Civic, I would suggest you get something you'll be happy with and not settle. That's too big of a purchase to not be completely satisfied with the end result, not to mention the length of ownership a Civic will last you.

You might as well go all out and get the Si...:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
how short is your wife?
Oh, she's about 5ft 2 or 3in. -ish.

You might as well go all out and get the Si...
Ahhh, the SI - that'd be WONDERFUL but it's not going to happen. I'll be happy with an LX Sedan w a 5sp.

·
Registered
576 Posts
> The coupes rear quarter window is too small and the B and C pillars block that view

Yes, but the coupe's profile is so damn handsome that I'll gladly accept the limited view and be extra careful about the blind spot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i might trade in my tw 12 si sedan for the 13 sedan si when it come out but i cant see to find any website that will let me know my trade in value of my 12. my 12 only have 2209 mileage of it only so i hope they better give me around 22k up back for trade in. i look at trade in value in kbb.com but i cant find the si model in there only ex and ex-l.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try edmunds.com, but there is no way a dealer is going to give you $22k. Dealers are selling used 2012 Sis for $22k. I got $19k($19.5k if you include the $500 down payment paid by Honda) for my trade-in with 3200 miles. Their first offer was $18k...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Edmunds and NADA guide have the '12 Si trade in values. They are rather ummmm....optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,587 Posts
> The coupes rear quarter window is too small and the B and C pillars block that view

Yes, but the coupe's profile is so damn handsome that I'll gladly accept the limited view and be extra careful about the blind spot.
Thus far in my coupe I have not had any trouble seeing what needs to be seen 3/4 back before changing lanes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
danm 18k trade in value with edmunds.com only danm so little maybe i might not do it then..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yup. Best I've been offered in the flesh was $18,200 on trading for a '13 Accord Sport manual trans. They were also discounting the Accord price down to $21800 before taxes and title fees. That actually wasn't all THAT bad a deal, all things considered.

I had an offer today on it of $16,500 to $17,000 at a different dealership where my car is staying for oil consumption "inspection" tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
283 Posts
awwwww how cute.... a mini accord
i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what .... but i'll take that as a compliment as i think the 2rd civic is sexy as f*ck ...just like its big sister, the accord coupe, no shame in sharing family resemblance

·
Registered
78 Posts
...found some solutions on the net, and they're abt $100 or so and likely not easily removable.

I've been thinking about this alot and came up with a simple low-cost DIY solution, that'll work for the very occasional time I'm going to need this.
It's all in my head - ya, right here, right heeeere! :rockwoot:
Hard to describe but involves a block of wood with a wee bit of chiselling work, and just a few other small inexpensive items. Prob under $10.00 in total. I'll be able to attach or remove in less than a minute. Once done I'll just paint it black and it'll be just fine, and solid!

Now that I've come up with this solution, I'm on to my next project - World Peace!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts