9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably getting the 2012 Cool Mist LX this week. Seems like a good deal and from reading a few threads here I'm happy that the MPG can go as high as into the low/mid 40s! We drive a lot and our 2000 Camry is ready for retirement now.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9th Gen.:icon_wave: I'm in Boston too - ill keep an eye out for the cool mist!

Had a bad experience with Cambridge Honda, decent with Prime Honda...ended up purchasing from Atamian in Tewksbury...Another member here went to Boch and was happy. Just an FYI if you are looking around at different dealers.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome to the 9th Gen.:icon_wave: I'm in Boston too - ill keep an eye out for the cool mist!

Had a bad experience with Cambridge Honda, decent with Prime Honda...ended up purchasing from Atamian in Tewksbury...Another member here went to Boch and was happy. Just an FYI if you are looking around at different dealers.

Good Luck!
Kelly Honda in Lynn says 18k for the auto LX. That seem about right?
Thanks for the welcomes.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Considering some dealers are Over MSRP due to demand, i'd say yes.
Check out TrueCar.com - i used it as a guide to compare dealer quotes before negotiations...linked below...

2012 Sedan LX Auto
2012 Coupe LX Auto

TrueCAR says anything less than 18,700 is a great deal for the LX. Also read to see what they include in that price so you can compare with the dealer charges.

It was a useful tool for me, but remember, someone will get a better deal no matter what you do! Also see what they can do for service or accessories, might not help the price, but in the long run could save you some money.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
welcome to the 9th!

Truecar is a great site ( I have bought through them before myself), but i dont really suggest it for the 9th gen civic. Keep in mind the prices on Truecar are set only by dealers that participate in their website/program, and right now no one is offering deals/incentives on the 2012 civic. Some will sell for MSRP while others feel entitled to a dealer mark up (for whatever reason).

IMHO, if your buying at MSRP (given the current situation, market, and shortage) i would say your getting a fair deal. DO NOT pay a dealer mark up for any reason, this is basically handing them free money for absolutely no reason!

Two things i would suggest would be,
1. work them on the rate, you can get as low as 3% with good credit, or even lower if you buy on a holiday weekend (like this weekends 4th of july sales events)
2. get them to throw in other goodies at no charge or a reduced fee since your paying MSRP, like extended warranty, oil changes, car washes, floor mat's, XM radio, alarm, tint, etc....or whatever else you could want.

hope this helps!!!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Msrp on lx is close to 19,500 with destination. Also TrueCar is getting better as more sales are being done for data. So 18,400 still seems ok. Just watch out that doesn't climb with hidden costs.

Also call Atamian before doing business with Kelly. They "dared" me to get a better price on my EX and i couldn't...Use it as a bargaining chip knowing another local dealer price if you have not done too much shopping around yet.

I used the online contact from cars.com and they gave me all the info on the car and their fees up front. Ask Kelly to do the same before even going.. Print it and take it with you!
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Picking it up today at Kelly Lynn with remote starter, lojack and first 2 oil changes. Under 19k before tax, title, plates. 0.9 APR from Honda. Atamian didnt want to tell me their price over the internet or phone and Norwood Honda was same as Lynn with no remote starter.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me! Congrats on the purchase!

Surprised at atamian... But maybe due to holiday rush... I'm mad I'm missing out on 0.9% so that's nice too!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome! I'm originally from Springfield. Been down in Florida for awhile now.

Good to see another LX owner. So many have been buying EX's I was starting to feel left out. LOL

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome to the 9th!
congrats on the new car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks and grats to everyone else as well. no mods planned so far. who knows what may happen in the future though. i do know im not a fan of hub caps.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts