9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Just picked up my 2013 Civic LX Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic last Saturday. This is a different type of car than I have owned in the past, but I was looking for a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage, which I think defines this car perfectly.

I am planning on putting on some wheels from an 07 Si that I have laying around and getting the windows tinted. Other than that, I am planning on keeping the car stock and buying a fun toy (Ducati?) for the weekends.

This is the seventh car I've owned in 10 years, if anyone is interested, here is the list:
  • Mercedes 190E (First car, subwoofers, gave up after 300k miles lol)
  • Honda Prelude (Crashed after a few months)
  • Honda Prelude (Body kit, cf hood, painted orange, 17' wheels, JDM H22A swap, exhaust, intake, tint)
  • Ford Explorer (Needed a car to drive in the snow)
  • Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (Awesome truck, terrible gas mileage)
  • Subaru WRX STi (My favorite car so far, put 109k miles on it in a matter of 3 1/2 years, chip, intake, turboback exhaust)
  • Ford Mustang (Technically my girlfriends car, but she has been away for work so I've been driving it
  • Honda Civic LX
With that being said, I have a couple questions:
  1. I have a set of wheels from an 07 Si that I want to put on the car. The dealer says they have the same bolt pattern so they should fit, however they do not have TPM sensors. Can I take the sensors off of my steel wheels and have them installed on the new wheels? What would you expect something like that to cost? I have tried to look around but everyone here tends to speak in acronyms and non-laymans terms so if you have an answer, please try to let me know in as plain English as possible lol.
  2. What is a set of basically new steel wheels and tires worth? I have a guy who offered me $500 for them. Should I take it?
Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to learning more about the car, including any tips, tricks, hacks, etc.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome and gratz!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey guys!

Just picked up my 2013 Civic LX Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic last Saturday. This is a different type of car than I have owned in the past, but I was looking for a reliable daily driver with good gas mileage, which I think defines this car perfectly.

I am planning on putting on some wheels from an 07 Si that I have laying around and getting the windows tinted. Other than that, I am planning on keeping the car stock and buying a fun toy (Ducati?) for the weekends.

This is the seventh car I've owned in 10 years, if anyone is interested, here is the list:
  • Mercedes 190E (First car, subwoofers, gave up after 300k miles lol)
  • Honda Prelude (Crashed after a few months)
  • Honda Prelude (Body kit, cf hood, painted orange, 17' wheels, JDM H22A swap, exhaust, intake, tint)
  • Ford Explorer (Needed a car to drive in the snow)
  • Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (Awesome truck, terrible gas mileage)
  • Subaru WRX STi (My favorite car so far, put 109k miles on it in a matter of 3 1/2 years, chip, intake, turboback exhaust)
  • Ford Mustang (Technically my girlfriends car, but she has been away for work so I've been driving it
  • Honda Civic LX
With that being said, I have a couple questions:
  1. I have a set of wheels from an 07 Si that I want to put on the car. The dealer says they have the same bolt pattern so they should fit, however they do not have TPM sensors. Can I take the sensors off of my steel wheels and have them installed on the new wheels? What would you expect something like that to cost? I have tried to look around but everyone here tends to speak in acronyms and non-laymans terms so if you have an answer, please try to let me know in as plain English as possible lol.
  2. What is a set of basically new steel wheels and tires worth? I have a guy who offered me $500 for them. Should I take it?
Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to learning more about the car, including any tips, tricks, hacks, etc.
Welcome!

You can try to install the TPMS sensors from your donor wheels and give it a shot. From what I understand, our OEM TPMS sensors are little finicky and won't allow us to seal them in a PVC capsule and toss them in the trunk. If the car detects an error you cannot disable the traction control. I just vaguely remember reading about this but I'm not 100% sure.

I have some RPF1's I'll be swapping soon and I believe it will work out- our factory SI wheels are manufactured by Enkei.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts