9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Got Jiggy with Blue and liked it!!!
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm an old guy with a wife, two grown children, a Rottweiler that bites me and now, a new 2012 SI Coupe. So far, the SI has not bitten me yet.
I've owned two civics before the SI and loved them both. On the nineteenth of December, I was invoved in a serious accident that totaled my 2004 Saturn Ion. (A great car by the way.) I went with the SI this time because I wanted more oompf. I think I have what I sought.

Reactions: Digger

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Where in Texas are you? South Texas is bigger than many of the states!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I live just outside of NW Houston. In what other cities would call a suburb I guess. I do have a Houston mailing address through.

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice choice! you think you can handle the power though old man??? jk welcome to the forum!!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
To tell you the truth, I am a little afraid of the power. When I was a young guy, I had a new '66 Ford Fairlane GT and a 1970 Dodge challenger with the 44o cubic inch Sixpack engine. However, on the 19th of December, a few weeks ago, I was involved in a bad accident on a freeway in Houston. I am still somewhat sore but mentally, I'm a nervous wreck. If I could have purchased an M1 Abrams tank, I would have.

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Mine is a filthy one right now too. I wanted to wash mine over the weekend, but we are again expecting widespread rain for the next 2 days. Prior to that it was snow, then rain, and now more rain.
I miss my shiny car. :violin:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am stoked!

Guys, I am enjoying my new SI Coupe more than is natural. It is a terrific car. The 2012 Civic SI is the first car I've ever had with power windows, door locks, a nav system, cruise control, etc. The only thing I dislike about my new ride is that pad to the left of the clutch is too close to the clutch and sometimes interferes with my being able to fully depress the clutch.

The cockpit of this car is just beautiful. All the reds and oranges, combined with my Valentine One radar detector make me feel like a fighter pilot.

Yesterday I got an Original Club for the car and am expecting a "Shield" from the same company that produces the club today.

Question, do you guys use that traction enhancing button. My understanding is that it should only be used for wet, slippery streets. Is that right?

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
The advice I got when purchasing was to leave it on at all times except for when you're in the mud. If the Si is in the mud, then it's already too late and time for a tow.

I like to turn it off in the rain and do super loooooooooooong burnouts.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts